Stalled again what luck! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Stalled again what luck!

Road up to the mountain today for breakfast then over to the dam for coffee but after getting gas and sitting in the sun bike started the same crap, stalling out when giving it gas. Pulled over let the bike sit for a little while bew through the vent hose, ok. Gas fine ok and the FC is pulled out so that is definately not the problem so we sat 10 min the bike started ran about a mile and started stalling again. Stopped at gas station waited about 20 min bike started got about 10 miles and started stalling again fortunately it's all down hill into town and there is a Honda dealership at the bottom on Boulder HWY so we limped along bike spitting every time I tried to accelerate. Had to pull over once and sit another 10 min. then two more blocks to the dealership. Only good thing is we made it and the mechanic took it for a ride and it was doing it to him so my son picked us up and we left the bike there for the mechanic to work on. Since their closed Sunday, Monday won't have a definate on what the problem is till next week but the positive was I wasn't in the middle of the desert at 110+ and my son was close enough to come get us. Mechanic thinking fuel pump but like I said won't really know till he gets into it more. Maybe I'll have some news for others having this stalling issue.
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like you got pretty lucky. Hard to believe it was doing it for the mechanic too. Do you have an extended warranty?
LesterDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterDiamond View Post
Sounds like you got pretty lucky. Hard to believe it was doing it for the mechanic too. Do you have an extended warranty?
No extended warranty but the mechanic working on the bike is asked for by lots of locals so hopefully he'll find the problem and it won't cost an arm and leg
Old 07-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sooner or later, somebody's got to put a Pressure-Gauge in the fuel-line between the Fuel-Pump and the Injectors and an Ammeter in the Power-Wire going to the Fuel-Pump. Then maybe we can isolate this whole problem. Right now, everybody's just shooting in the dark, without a clue. The only thing that seems consistant at this point is that it SEEMS to be heat related. My Fury has NEVER coughed or stuttered, even though I've ridden it on some pretty hot days, so I don't really have a sense for the problem you guys are experiencing. It's happening often enough to enough of our riders that there HAS TO BE a common denominator.

Cheers
Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

I agree Bar.....I think it is a problem that is inherent in all Fury's....it's just that most don't get out in 100 plus degree weather in direct sun and let it sit. I'm anxious to see what GF Fury comes up with as I don't really trust my local dealer to be that experienced.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

3 words.....bad fuel pump!
jaydrumz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydrumz View Post
3 words.....bad fuel pump!
I couldn't agree more.... lol

I live in Central Florida and in recent weeks its been 95 easily during the 2 and 3pm hours with a heat index of 110 so it's very hot and humid here.

Where my bike sits at work is in direct sun and on freshly paved black asphalt. The asphalt intensifies the heat 10 fold out there. My bike's surface is easily well over 100 out in the parking lot and I've never experienced anything a couple of you are with the stalling and sputtering.

I rode down to Lake Okeechobee a couple weeks ago and we passed a couple banks with digital thermometers outside and one said 100 even and the other said 101 and my bike was running normal.

I think we have a few peeps here with a common part beginning to fail. symptoms all are to close to one another and the thought of a fuel pump going bad is not outlandish. It's just like any other electrical motor. It can work fine while it's cold but once it heats up it begins to fall out.

Does anyone know how much the fuel pump for our Fury is anyway? I might pick up a spare.
All my Fury pictures here
2011MatteOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011MatteOrange View Post
Does anyone know how much the fuel pump for our Fury is anyway? I might pick up a spare.
$122.45 at www.HDLParts.com

P/N: 16700-HN8-A62
StPeteAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I live in Central Florida and in recent weeks its been 95 easily during the 2 and 3pm hours with a heat index of 110 so it's very hot and humid here.

Where my bike sits at work is in direct sun and on freshly paved black asphalt. The asphalt intensifies the heat 10 fold out there. My bike's surface is easily well over 100 out in the parking lot and I've never experienced anything a couple of you are with the stalling and sputtering.
When I lived in Phoenix, I rode many, many times on 100+ degree days, and I'm sure with the bike sitting in the sun the motor was waaaaay over 120 while I was parked. NEVER had an issue with this. Just my $0.02 worth of info.
JimmyFarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteAPB View Post
$122.45 at www.HDLParts.com

P/N: 16700-HN8-A62
Thanks Al!!!
All my Fury pictures here
2011MatteOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement