I am looking for some advice on if this will fit on my fury. Here's the ad

VTX 1300 Kuryakyn Hypercharger

or will it fit with minor modification.

Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
#3 ·
thanks for the help. great write up

#4 ·
The intake 'choke' blades need access to an intake manifold vacuum port if you want them to pull closed at idle and open with twisting the throttle. Otherwise, they will remain open all the time. Only California emissions Furys have this port which is connected to the charcoal canister and could be 'T'-ed to the Hypercharger. No worries, it's just cosmetic and doesn't affect intake air.

If you have the inclination and the skills you could add a vacuum nipple to a non CA bike ...

#6 ·
@Tigger has it on his and has the butterflies operating.

So I got it all installed and the butterflies operating

BUT they don't go through their full range of motion

Are they just not that responsive or do I have to do some tinkering, if so what do I tinker with?

#8 ·
#13 · (Edited)
Resting in your garage, engine OFF: normally open with no vacuum. Resting at a stop light, engine ON: normally closed at idle. :beatup:

Vacuum pulls the diaphragm and butterflies closed ;).

Ken, if the video in the 4th post doesn't show up on your phone just Google Fury Forums. Seems there is now a mobile version on Chrome or Internet and it works better than Motorcycle.com for me. :toast:

#14 ·
Thanks for all the help Ill give it a try if it gets above freezing tomorrow

#17 ·
I was kinda thinking the same thing but figured for the cost of the shut off valve it wouldn't hurt to try it... My thought is the vacuum is too strong and not allowing the plates to open all the way so something to reduce the pressure/suction... In my theory a larger diameter hose would make it worse due to the larger area so a smaller diameter hose "should" reduce the area allowing it to open fully OR perhaps I am on the wrong trail like this:

Alternatively a stronger spring in the diaphragm would also fix the problem... Although that is probably easier said than done.

Attachments

#19 ·
Ken, I don't think f1 has ridden it yet to get a decent load and just revving it in neutral won't produce enough vacuum.
Now I'm terribly confused... If it is FULLY OPEN with the bike off/NO VACUUM. And the butterflies CLOSE at IDLE/HIGH VACUUM.... And cracking the throttle/revving the engine opens the butterflies/ lowers the vacuum on the air cleaner... Then why would he need MORE vacuum being that his complaint was that they don't open enough???:confuzed:

Perhaps I should leave well enough alone... My head is starting to hurt... Lol

#21 ·
Yeah, sorry I was off on a binge. Yeah I have that hypercharger. Very easy to install using the Thunder mfg. adapter. I drew my vacuum from the intake manifold between the cylinders. Works perfect full open when bike is not running, the flutter nicely at idle and move accordingly. I have some pictures and videos and can take more, but it would be easiest if you are on the FaceBook Fury Nation page or with an email address as I can`t seem to get pictures let alone videos to post on here.

PM me if you need or look me up on the FaceBook page.

Cheers

Tigger

P.S. one of my mostest favoritest mods. >:)

#22 · (Edited)
#24 ·
Seems I have a little more action than that. I drilled a 5/16 hole in the intake manifold behind the intake butterfly, right between the cylinders, and tapped it and screwed a nipple in it and worked just fine. It`s a real tight spot, there`s not much room behind the intake`s main butterfly, but it fits.

Thanks Gar for checking my failed link, lol. Jus caint figure dis stuffs out.>:)

Tigger

Reactions: Señor Gar
#29 ·
I just put in a 1/4 brass hose barb fitting. Would this be too big or as GAR said will it not matter?

Would switching to a 1/8 change anything.

#30 ·
Where did you put it? sorry didn`t read the whole thread.

But it has been my experience with other vacuum related parts...carbs, superchargers and the such, that size does matter.

Tigger

#32 ·
Yeah that`s about where I put mine. And I used the nipple supplied from Thunder MFG. but I used my own hose. Might be metric even, it was just what I had. It`s a very tight fit on the hyperchargers vacuum nipple. When I have had to take it off, I always take the hose off the throttle body because it`s easier to get back on.

Last ditch effort, I have more hose...I can send ya some fr the postage cost.

Cheers

Tigger

#33 ·
Yeah that`s about where I put mine. And I used the nipple supplied from Thunder MFG.

Tigger
The adapter was for a vtx and I had to do some grinding and plugging holes but got it to work, I had to just buy a hose fitting at the hardware store. So all in all it does work with a little backwoods engineering.

Check my first post and see how the adapter wasn't really a circle for the rubber from the throttle body. it is now. I'm gonna try a 1/8 fitting and see if that makes a difference.

#36 ·
After some work I just put in a 1/8th fitting and now the butterflies open further while just revving it. Must have been too big with the 1/4

I also had to make a bracket for the bottom stay bracket from the adapter and also made a cover to hide the throttle body and wiring

Reactions: Kbuskill
#38 ·
bracket and cover, will be putting chrome butterflies on once they arrive

Attachments

Reactions: TiggerJapan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.