Honda Fury Forums: banner

Holy Grail -vs- Dynojet PCV

16K views 107 replies 26 participants last post by  BakoFury 
#1 · (Edited)
...more to come when it warms up around here.

#2 ·
Thanks for posting.. I've been anxiously awaiting a real world comparison of the reflash such as a 1/4 mile run or what you did..
I have the Cobra 3-pot with intake and pipes.. I wonder how I'd fare against the 2 setups in the 1/4 miles.. a car length give or take behind maybe?

#4 ·
Ok guys here is my experience with the "Holy Grail" -vs- Dynojet PCV with Auto Tune.. I have a friend that had the "holy Grail" done to his stock computer. First off his bike is always stalling out at Idle he has it set for 750 rpm, so my opinion on this stalling issue is dependent on the atmospheric pressure, it has good days and bad days depending on the weather. in the 1/4 mile the PCV always wins and we ride each others bike to be sure it isn't the rider. so with that being said he is locked into the tune that the "holy grail" tuner set it to. I can auto-tune my PCV every time I ride it so atmospheric pressure is not a problem for me it runs at peak all the time regardless of weather. on a good note he does get better gas mileage on his bike but in my opinion if you not burning gas your not getting performance so yeah i do suffer with gas mileage. Me being a motor head i like to play with my tune I know that's not for everyone but i like that option. We will have some more testing done this riding season but at this point my friend wants to know how to go back to stock and then add the PCV if that is even possible..so just letting you know my experience so far with the testing...more to come when it warms up around here.
P.S I am not bashing anyone this is just a test
Curious what other mods he has done to his bike???

When you say in the 1/4 mile the PCV always wins, how was this tested? At a track? Do you have trap speeds? Beats it by how much are we talking?

If he is having stalling issues then it sounds like he needs to disconnect the battery and let the IAC valve relearn by not touching the throttle until it fully warmed up. My idle is set at 700 rpm and I have zero stalling issues, some guys have theirs set at 660rpm and no problems so I'm thinking it is failure to follow proper set up directions. Atmospheric pressure shouldn't play a role in it since Honda installed a MAP sensor it should all be accounted for. Does it stall at idle with no one on it or is it stalling while letting out the clutch? It takes a lil getting used to the lower idle and people often stall while trying to re train themselves the proper clutch and throttle ratio.

P.S. I don't feel bashed, I would just like some more info. The devil is in the details as they say. To say the PCV beats the reflash every time in the 1/4 mile but not give any specific details about mods to both bikes or by how much leaves a lot to the imagination.

#7 ·
First off his bike is always stalling out at Idle he has it set for 750 rpm, so my opinion on this stalling issue is dependent on the atmospheric pressure, it has good days and bad days depending on the weather.
Running the Re-flash and idle @700RPM my bike had some idling stalling issues in the beginning too. Cleaned the throttle body and the IAC valve inside and out with Valvoline Carburattor Cleaner. Proper start-up procedure. > Problem solved.

Stalling when getting the bike moving is an operator's error. Re-learn operator. > Problem solved.

#9 ·
Running the Re-flash and idle @700RPM my bike had some idling stalling issues in the beginning too. Cleaned the throttle body and the IAC valve inside and out with Valvoline Carburattor Cleaner. Proper start-up procedure. > Problem solved.

Stalling when getting the bike moving is an operator's error. Re-learn operator. > Problem solved.
that is major factor especially since the idle is so low , I have a dynojet V model no.025 and an autotune , I went with the dynojet because I have used them since they where used on carbs and you had to change the needles , and they have never left me down , In my opinion it all boil down to preference . If It wasn't because I needed fuel management I could care less about how fast the fury can go at the 1/4 mile ,or what cruiser it can beat . its pointless to me the fury is a cruiser .if I want a fast crusier I would have gotten the M109 , there isn't any vtwin that can touch that bike, ( vmax isn't a vtwin so it don't count)

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
#13 ·
i already gave my facts..it really doesn't matter anyway! people do what they like and I have no problem with that..to each there own.. I am not looking for a pissing match..this thread is dead
Regards
Looking at the top quote, it doesn't SEEM dead...

#21 ·
I see no reason why he would lie about the PCV bike beating the flash bike, especially since it won no matter who was riding it. However, I, like the rest of you, would like to know why. What are the details of his buddy's flash and all the other details you guys mentioned? This is an interesting comparison and I'm curious to know more.

#23 ·
I am not playing YOUR silly ASS GAMES just posting how the summer went... playing with the holy grail bike vs PVC bike, and by the way I can adjust the fuel table till she dies, by not getting enough of what these bikes need to idle... I myself don't like the potato potato idle..its not a Harley its a Honda i like the big block sound of the 900 RPM idle. from now on I will keep my findings to myself.. my hat is off to you all..but i like to play with my tune..just saying nuff said this post is dead i am out of here..

#38 ·
I know I posted my opinion in another thread but I have been fortunate enough to ride a reflashed Fury and compare it to my Fury with a powrPro. They both work and do what they claim they will. For the riding I do I don't think the reflash adds anything, plus I'm happy enough with the stock idle so for now the PowrPro is good enough. My buddies with the reflash absolutely love it. So we are all happy....:laugh:

#39 ·
well said , these topics of this vs this , sometimes its pointless because in the end its all about variety and preference,

Reactions: pafury1
#44 ·
Dang 660? I'm still debating what I want to do for idle when I get flashed. Should be comin soon!

#48 ·
Ohhh spaghetti would sound great on mean green...what rpm is that??

Reactions: Kbuskill
#52 ·
You can post them up but it is kinda like comparing red apples to green apples unless both bikes are dyno'd on the same machine on the same day even due to possible calibration and climate differences. I know that there are good members of this forum who will disagree with what I just said but that doesn't make it any less true. You can have a car/truck/bike dyno'd on one machine on this side of town and drive to the other side of town and have it dyno'd on a different machine and I can almost guarantee you there will be differences... Maybe not huge differences but differences none the less and when you are dealing with a couple of HP or TQ in either direction how do you know if its the differences between machines or between the tunes???

The Dynosheet for the reflash has been posted in the condensed thread (found at the link in my sig) for ages.... Lol

#56 ·
@BakoFury .... Hope I didn't scare you off.... I would still be interested in seeing your Dynosheet if you care to post it up here.
Yeah, I imagine he lost interest because you're a nit pickin' dick who needs gut shot with a 12 gauge. Next you'll be sayin' they have to be the same color, because one color paint weighs more than another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.