Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 19Likes
  • 2 Post By BakoFury
  • 5 Post By Ordinary Biker
  • 4 Post By Rope
  • 1 Post By FuryousNurse
  • 1 Post By WI_Hedgehog
  • 3 Post By TurcoLoco
  • 2 Post By Goat
  • 1 Post By Rope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Editorial Content

Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides

Quote:
The best way to solve all these problems is to just ride by yourself, old numero uno. But no man is an island, and group rides are their own special kind of fun. At MO, we definitely do our fair share of group rides. Here’s what we’ve learned about the things most likely to go wrong, and what you can do to ward them off ahead of time.
Read more about the Top 10 Things That Go Wrong On Group Rides at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:11 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BakoFury
1. You let the Harley lead....
Kbuskill and WI_Hedgehog like this.

Insert clever phrase here that will garner respect and love.

Google Map of our Nation
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 04:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoFury View Post
1. You let the Harley lead....
You do that when you want to go easy on your engine. Although sometimes you end up dodging motorcycle parts on the road...
Kbuskill, Rope, BakoFury and 2 others like this.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 PM

The real danger with the Whorelee in lead would be the oil slick. It'd be adviseable to hang a bag of Speedy Dry on the Whorelee rear fender with a small hole.
donzi18, Kbuskill, Hillzz and 1 others like this.

Ride it like you stole it!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:00 PM

Oh No !
I clicked on it.
And one of the problems clicked with me. Drivers who have CPD, I cannot stand them. And I agree with the solution; do not ride with them.
BakoFury likes this.

velociraptor intake; Cannella black riser; dyno tuned; black & white spikes; HH sbar
Cobra 3" slips (baffles in); Memphis Shades pop top sportshield; iso-driver boards
Fi2000R, ~120 mls LED lights; C&C SportTour seat; Rebel Bandit ReFlash Hog
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 11:32 PM

Hey guys, if you think I'm burning cell data on 10 pages of stuff when the first one takes forever to load, you're mistaken. If you can hold my interest through 10 things that's really good, but 10 things on 11 pages? Not even close to happening.
TurcoLoco likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Hedgehog View Post
Hey guys, if you think I'm burning cell data on 10 pages of stuff when the first one takes forever to load, you're mistaken. If you can hold my interest through 10 things that's really good, but 10 things on 11 pages? Not even close to happening.
I agree.
It is all about revenue generation by web ads so the more pages the article can spread across, the more $$ they can generate.
Both MSN and Yahoo are notorious for their click away Top 10 or 20 lists and they are often quite ridiculous or "no sh.t" type articles anyhow which this one qualifies for.
It didn't even bother to mention more vital stuff like making sure everyone has a medical info/blood type/emergency contact type tags with them just in case.
How about making sure all rider knows about staggered riding and keeping proper distance with each as well as a straight line during the group ride?
I had had my share of rides where a rookie rider endangered the safety of others way more than a CPD types, or the type I can't stand is the one who likes to ride fast and run ahead of the group.

Sounds silly but that type of information would be much more critical than knowing the weather. Also, which Starbucks? Don't people mention cross roads or actual address when they are talking about a meeting spot?
They just say Starbucks at the block?

Pffft!
Goat, BakoFury and WI_Hedgehog like this.

Last edited by TurcoLoco; 06-19-2017 at 02:06 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I agree.
It is all about revenue generation by web ads so the more pages the article can spread across, the more $$ they can generate.
Both MSN and Yahoo are notorious for their click away Top 10 or 20 lists and they are often quite ridiculous or "no sh.t" type articles anyhow which this one qualifies for.
It didn't even bother to mention more vital stuff like making sure everyone has a medical info/blood type/emergency contact type tags with them just in case.
How about making sure all rider knows about staggered riding and keeping proper distance with each as well as a straight line during the group ride?
I had had my share of rides where a rookie rider endangered the safety of others way more than a CPD types, or the type I can't stand is the one who likes to ride fast and run ahead of the group.

Sounds silly but that type of information would be much more critical than knowing the weather. Also, which Starbucks? Don't people mention cross roads or actual address when they are talking about a meeting spot?
They just say Starbucks at the block?

Pffft!

The one that really irritates me is the rider who can't or won't keep his speed consistent. I was in a group of 12 one time and me and this guy were in the middle of the pack. Sometimes he'd keep up with the pack. 50% of the time he'd create a big gap. I wound up passing his ass and caught up with the group and stayed with them. If you wanna' lag and vary your speed, ride in the back of the pack.
TurcoLoco and WI_Hedgehog like this.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/members/116x150x1398-steveo-albums387-crap-picture46321t-untitled.png.pagespeed.ic.7USV2JNVIZ.jpg
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
The one that really irritates me is the rider who can't or won't keep his speed consistent. I was in a group of 12 one time and me and this guy were in the middle of the pack. Sometimes he'd keep up with the pack. 50% of the time he'd create a big gap. I wound up passing his ass and caught up with the group and stayed with them. If you wanna' lag and vary your speed, ride in the back of the pack.
Yep. That is why I said "keeping proper distance with each other". The type you mentioned not only messes up the harmony of the group but can also allow an aggressive cager inside the flock causing further separation and annoyance.

I have been with some really cool groups and had a lot of fun riding with them but eventually got tired of the bossy types and the drama they caused.
Now I ride solo. No need to wait for anyone. No need to get up 6 am because some of the people want to complete the ride before noon and do other stuff.
No club, no cry.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Hedgehog View Post
Wha....You don't appreciate the value of marketors whoring their wares? Nothing like having products/sevices rammed up your ass or down your throat.

If I had a penny for every bullshit email I've received, I'd shit $100.00 bills.
WI_Hedgehog likes this.

Ride it like you stole it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode