Rear passenger seat - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rear passenger seat

Hi guys, I am new of this forum, and I am writing you from Australia.
I bought my Fury back in May 2010 and I am now working on to customise it.

I heard about this rear seat in US mounted on suction cups.... to be easy to remove and to have the rear fender with no holes in it.

Does any of you have it or tried ?
I am curious to know how safe is and if it does slide back or forward during acceleration-deceleration.

I am keen to buy one, just want to make sure is a good idea.

Also, where do you think I can find a good one ?

Thank guys !
habadir is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not on the Fury, with its plastic rear mud guard. There is also a question if it is legal in Oz. The thinking is that because it is not bolted down that it is not. You'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a good two up seat like the rest of us.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks !at this stage then I will still change the rear fender and I will just drill the hole for the bolt and when I take it off I just have to install a "cover" panel....
What do you think about the rear fenders made by Low and Mean with number plate incorporated within ? I know I still need to have separate blinker mounted on the side but it looks really cool.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think the low and mean is fibreglass, not steel so it would not be any better than the stock for use with a suction pillion pad. I had one of those suction pillion pads for my old bike and it was only just OK on a metal mud guard. For safety of your pillion I suggest you go with something that bolts on. I went with a C&C sport touring seat and a Ginz sissy bar & back rest. My wife loves the comfort and security. It was worth every cent. Ginz also did a great package deal with the seat, bar and backrest.

I think the low and mean looks fine, if that's what your after. Personally I think the stock mud guard is just fine and I am not interested in making mods that will compromise the two up capacity of my bike. As strange as it may sound I actually enjoy my wife's company and I like having her along, so when she comes I want everything to be right, her to be comfortable and her enjoy the ride.

Last edited by macxpert; 11-24-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd also recommend going with the C&C seat. Lots of different ways to make the seat your own.

Although I really like the style of the Ginz sissy bar a lot, I think they are WAY over priced for what they are.

dklassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a suction cup seat for my bike since most the time I ride alone and don't like the look of having the extra seat. Its make buy butty buddy and the wife loves it. The suction cups are more than safe enough the seat does not move at all once its on.
jbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks for all this advices guys, it is good to hear different point of views.
I do ride either alone and with my wife and I do enjoy both ways.
I think I ll may still buy the low and mean one and I will probably punch the holes to bolt the seat down.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
I'd also recommend going with the C&C seat. Lots of different ways to make the seat your own.

Although I really like the style of the Ginz sissy bar a lot, I think they are WAY over priced for what they are.

Agreed, there are lots of ways to make the C&C your own. Here is a pic of mine, it's a bit old now as the bike has changed a bit. Most importantly this pic is with the old Ginz mounts, the new mounts Ginz sent move the bar closer to the seat by 16mm (5/8") but you can still get the idea.
Screwing the seat on, through the L&M mud guard (fender) is the way to go.

Attached Thumbnails
Rear passenger seat-100_1107.jpg  

Last edited by macxpert; 11-25-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

You might also look at the rear fender by Abonet, it is hand laid fiberglass. There is a picture of it in the April, Fury of the Month, near the end. If you just want a part time rear seat, But Buddy is a way to go.

Last edited by mental; 11-25-2011 at 04:18 PM.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

I definitely think bitty buddy is the way to go for a non full-time rear seat and my wife seems to like the idea of that seat due to size and comfort.... I will look at the fender you are suggesting and I ll let you know.
thanks for the info !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement