Honda Fury Forums: banner

New turn signal / Brake Light Idea

15K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  T-Mod 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious if this was made would anybody be interested. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Clarification........

This is just an idea right now. The ones that you all are talking about are the new Bishop lights that RAW Design has made. That’s where I got the idea from. But the Bishops are only 2 ¼” long. My rear pegs are 4 ½” long. Since I’m going for a very clean look I don’t want to put anything on the bike that does not have to be there. I think this would look absolutely awesome. I called and talked with Bill from RAW Designs today. He told me that to make just one set the cost would be very high. I just wanted to know how many people would also like this. If there is enough maybe he will start producing them. If not it looks like I’m going to have to mod them myself. Either way I'm going to have this done.

#16 ·
I have seen those before when I was looking for back pegs for the passenger, or at least something similar. I have always liked the looks of them, but couldn't find any that matched exactly what I wanted, so I just stuck with getting the XOPRODOX rear pegs... Those look great though on the bike!

Might be interested though if the price were right...

#17 ·
They are not made yet. Gar photo shopped the lights in for me. As of right now they are just an idea. I contacted RAW to see is they would make this product.

I have not seen this product anywhere and would love to know where you saw this Red.

#18 ·
My concern would be whether they would be visible with a passenger on the pillion and their feet on the pegs.

As I discovered trying to get my bike to pass the Virginia safety inspection with the Low & Mean led brake light/turn signal bar on my L&M "Reaper" fender (it didn't meet state requirements for the turn signals being far enough apart from one another), I would research state safety requirements to ensure the lights will be large enough, at the right height and distance from the bike, and far enough back to pass state safety inspection requirements.

Nothin' like getting something that looks cool only to find out months later that the bike can't pass inspection and you can't ride it in your state.

#19 · (Edited)
Maybe you should consider this in additon ...

...to your peg lights :).
You can integrate 9 MM High Output LED lights like on the animation. It would be as bright as the stock tail light.

You could drill tiny holes for the legs of each led and glue the back side after everything is soldered. Even looks better that than the RAW taillight :D. Check out the thumbnail, I added the peg lights.

Attachments

#21 ·
I've seen this set up before. It was on a custom chopper that was here in Indy. MFR knows the guy. I looked into it a little bit after that but never found anything I felt was better than my current set up. It's an awesome idea though and would look really clean.

#29 ·
I guess I couldn't wait either. Ordered the Bishops and will just bolt them in place of the pegs. It's been over a week though so i wish they would get here.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.