Kosman is here! - Page 4 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Richard1

No idea why you can't upload pic's.

The bike looks killer, always been one of my favorites on here.

Judge, Jury & Bulldozer
Richard1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

that is what i want to do to mine as well. i don't have the T mod done & i really hate to cut on the rear frame because of the paint. i just hate to half ass it back with spray paint. are your pinstripes paint or decals? they look great as well. i'm not sure if i want pinstripes or pearl ghost flames.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nitro man View Post
that is what i want to do to mine as well. i don't have the T mod done & i really hate to cut on the rear frame because of the paint. i just hate to half ass it back with spray paint. are your pinstripes paint or decals? they look great as well. i'm not sure if i want pinstripes or pearl ghost flames.
You do know that the frame is covered by the rear fender, yes? I have my TMod covered with some black brushed on primer. You would have to remove the rear fender to see it.

The stripes are custom hand laid by a local painter here on LI. Im not a fan of stick on stripes.
CBSIMONSEZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1 View Post
No idea why you can't upload pic's.

The bike looks killer, always been one of my favorites on here.
yeah, i dont know why i cant either. I have now contacted the Admins twice with no response. And im a huge fan of your ride as well Richard. I would love to have that air ride set up.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ View Post
You do know that the frame is covered by the rear fender, yes?
i know, but i just worry about moister rusting it out. plus i don't know what tail light setup i would run. i would hate to have to cut on the fender (to use the stock tail light set up) with no way to repaint it where it was cut. but stock, it looks like a 4x4 truck in the rear.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You'll be fine if you do the T-Mod and paint it with some paint, there has not been anyone that's said that they have had any rusting issues, myself included, and another thing is that the cuts are not exposed, you cut the frame, push it down and reweld it and then spray paint it.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_KIOWA_X View Post
You'll be fine if you do the T-Mod and paint it with some paint, there has not been anyone that's said that they have had any rusting issues, myself included, and another thing is that the cuts are not exposed, you cut the frame, push it down and reweld it and then spray paint it.
KIOWA is absolutely right, and i thought it was a given. The weld seals off the inner exposed frame tube. And unless you constantly ride in wet weather the T-Mod isnt going to be exposed to water all the time anyway.

Just keep in mind, the more you cut out, the more the rear is going to drop. I have posted it before where i took just over 1/4" out and dropped the rear almost 3 inches. And the possibilities for tails are endless. There are those here who have done a minimal drop and still use the stock tail light assembly. Fabbing one up on your own isnt that big of a deal either.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

Bump and reserve
Odiefords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #39 (permalink)

The Kosman mod doesn't look nearly worth the cost of it. The Sumo T-Mod appears to be the way to go.
fknhrdcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

Depends what you're looking for. My quote from Sumo was $5k. I can't justify that for a while. I'm going to try the Kosman. And if I can modify a rear fender like Boop did, then it may be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App