Full Fury Windshield? Is one out there? - Page 4 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray719 View Post
For what its worth here is a pic of my windshield....its the generic cheapo one most shop sell....I believe I bought it onlin for around 80 bucks and ordered the 1 inch clamp kit seperate. I really like it.
What type of windshield do you have?
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURYOSOMP View Post
What type of windshield do you have?
DO not remember the brand name but it is the same one that is on the previous page that somebody posted a link too.
Stingray719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quick question, for those of you who have bought a memphis shade big shot. Can you tell me if it is the 7 or 9 inch cutout? I've tried searching for this answer but to no avail!
Firedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

Was looking for a windshield for winter cos i just like to ride all year and after reading the posts here and seeing some pics, i settled on the big shot (solar). On the Fury, the shape and appearance is probably the most functional and best looking in my opinion. Once installed i did experience considerable buffeting starting around 65mph and it gets so bad above 75-80 that it shook my head so bad that everything became a blur. It is because of the air rushing up between the handlebars and the tank to fill the low pressure area behind the windshield. So i installed lowers to correct this. What a difference the lowers made. No more buffeting. A nice peaceful bubble. I bet lowers would also correct the same buffeting issue on the Corbin fairing as well.
KlukFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #35 (permalink)

lowers? need more info. peaks my interest.
dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

I purchased a Wind Vest and am 100% satisfied . Look on Amazon for the best price
oldschool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

I use National Cycle's Flyscreen. It is tilted up about a notch, not parallel to the fork tubes. It is enough to take the wind pressure off the chest and. Eliminate helmet buffeting (I'm 5'11")
I've ridden as much as 500 miles in a day - all highway - and regularly do 120 mile highway runs, including I-5 at 75 mph. The Flyscreen is great for my purposes because the wind is still there but a little tamer.

Bill
WT88

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Last edited by WT88; 11-07-2012 at 01:12 PM.
WT88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

I agree with everyone: The Fury looks much better without a windshield.
Having said that, a couple of 1,600 mile trips convinced me to install something slightly bigger than the boulevard screen I had used in the past. I opted for the Memphis Shades Del Rey, which I believe is their smallest windshield. It can be removed in seconds (leaving the mounting clamps in place) or in a few minutes if clamps are removed from the fork.
My recent trip to New Orleans was a breeze compared to my other trips to the mountains.

Attached Thumbnails
Full Fury Windshield?  Is one out there?-barn.jpg  

Last edited by Redleg; 11-07-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Redleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock View Post
lowers? need more info. peaks my interest.
Made by Memphis Shades. Similar to a fork deflector but made of the same material as the windshield, mounts on forks for added wind protection, and as I said before they work great to keep the air from rushing up behind the windshield. They make a fork clamp for the Fury in chrome or black. Then just pick what color lowers you want.

http://motorcycle-superstore.com/Ite...emStyleId=6808
Old 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
I agree with everyone: The Fury looks much better without a windshield.
Having said that, a couple of 1,600 mile trips convinced me to install something slightly bigger than the boulevard screen I had used in the past. I opted for the Memphis Shades Del Rey, which I believe is their smallest windshield. It can be removed in seconds (leaving the mounting clamps in place) or in a few minutes if clamps are removed from the fork.
My recent trip to New Orleans was a breeze compared to my other trips to the mountains.

Looks sweet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement