Should I ??? - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Should I ???

Hi all, I am new to this forum, because I am considering buying a Fury,
I currently have a 2005 H.D. Heritage soft ail classic. I have always wanted to buy a chopper, but didn't want to pay $30,000 + for a chopper. And another reason, didn't want to have to keep tinkering with it to keep it running. When I first noticed the Honda Fury, I said wow.... Nice looking bike...and thought dependable.....

So I guess I need a little encouragement .......Anybody have any thoughts as to why I should go for it !!!

Thanks in advance !!!
ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location: West End of the 49th 2010-ABS-Fury (US) Septuagenarian Rider
Send a message via Skype™ to Seņor Gar

There are over 5000 members on this forum so I think it is safe to say that the Fury is not a novelty bike and that it is here to stay. For a beautifully sculpted base line chopper with Honda reliability it can't be beat. All the comparison reviews of 'choppers' tend to favor the Fury for comfort and rideability but as with any bike there is room for improvement in the comfort department for most of us.

The real question is what kind of riding do you like to do because the Fury does not suit everyone's needs especially without a few 'long distance' mods.

Some of our members have switched from Harleys and others have gone back to Harleys. Even a few have gone on to Harley style choppers. 'One size fits all' doesn't apply here .

Last edited by Seņor Gar; 05-28-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Seņor Gar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

well there's a couple posts here for some used ones that are well priced. they are great bikes have had mine since 09 no regrets and it's a big head turner. are you planning on keeping the harley?
FIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think you will be very pleased with the decision! Plus there is quite a following and a decent amount of after market parts available. No where near that of a Harley but it's growing as well. I was always a crotch rocket guy, and I love my Fury.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

The only complaint I have is that I want more time to ride it and I just passed 30k miles a couple weeks ago. I've had mine for 3 years in July.

I don't have any second thoughts or regrets. Maybe the only regret is this forum, because I've had to shell out $$ for things I can't live without.

The only issue I've had is the battery. Other than that, I can't complain.

The Fury isn't a hot rod and can't compete with crotch rockets. If you like to cruise in style, this is a good bike to do it on. And it will start every time.
Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg View Post
Anybody have any thoughts as to why I should go for it !!!

Several reasons:
1. "I have always wanted to buy a chopper"
2. "didn't want to pay $30,000 + for a chopper."
3. "didn't want to have to keep tinkering with it to keep it running."
4. "When I first noticed the Honda Fury, I said wow.... Nice looking bike"
...and
5. "thought dependable."

You don't go asking a forum full of Fury owners why to buy a Fury if you're on the fence. Sounds to me like you just need us to lightly twist your arm..

DO IT!

You're welcome!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi, I am planing on trading my bike in. The best deal I have now is my bike and $2,000 for a 2012 Fury O.T.D.

Just need to do a little more research before I pull the trigger.....
ferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Check out the Fury of the month threads. Can't see why you would still be indecisive.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

A wise choice......here's a few mods I've done.

FuryChopper
Attached Thumbnails
Should I ???-img_0635.jpg   Should I ???-img_2588.jpg   Should I ???-user4695_pic7707_1331691893.jpg  
FuryChopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Your post says it all - "2005 H.D. Heritage soft ail classic and there is always .... air cooled belt driven = farm grain auger technology or .... water cooled shaft drive = modern motorcycle technology.

OK!! I'm sorry - I couldn't help my self

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg View Post
Hi all, I am new to this forum, because I am considering buying a Fury,
I currently have a 2005 H.D. Heritage soft ail classic. I have always wanted to buy a chopper, but didn't want to pay $30,000 + for a chopper. And another reason, didn't want to have to keep tinkering with it to keep it running. When I first noticed the Honda Fury, I said wow.... Nice looking bike...and thought dependable.....

So I guess I need a little encouragement .......Anybody have any thoughts as to why I should go for it !!!

Thanks in advance !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement