Suggestions for Seat Upgrade - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Very happy with my Mustang Solo - $250 shipped from Dennis Kirk.
Gaterzfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn43 View Post
i didnt think that the the C&C seat would interfier with my sissy bar. seem to just replace with i currently have. what do i need to check to confirm that i will not have this problem.

Totally agree that i need to make the right decision, but looking at the options, i think i would rather make the mistake with a $330 seat vs a $6-800 seat
Shawn, I have a C&C fastback seat with oem sissy bar. You may want to look at the pics under my profile if you are going that route....I wasn't happy that the bolts showed on the fender and took pics from different angles so people could see what they will get if they get the fastback and have the oem sissybar. I know the C&C Touring seat covers those bolts, but has a different look.

For comfort, the C&C is great tho.

Just thought I'd give you a head's up.

Last edited by woodenhorse; 08-02-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: first three pics in the 7/11 album
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Shawn, I have a C&C fastback seat with oem sissy bar. You may want to look at the pics under my profile if you are going that route....I wasn't happy that the bolts showed on the fender and took pics from different angles so people could see what they will get if they get the fastback and have the oem sissybar. I know the C&C Touring seat covers those bolts, but has a different look.

For comfort, the C&C is great tho.

Just thought I'd give you a head's up.
yes thanks for the heads up on the fast back...regardless of your sissy bar the passanger seat does not stretch far enough to cover the rear bolt.
Shawn43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lee

I like every Corbin seat I've ever had. I bought the king and queen for the fury. It's really comfortable. I don't run it all the time though. Not crazy about the look. I may actually buy me a ginz sissy bar just to get a luggage rack. If I do I will probably go with another Corbin
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn43 View Post
yes thanks for the heads up on the fast back...regardless of your sissy bar the passanger seat does not stretch far enough to cover the rear bolt.
FWIW, I contacted C&C to ask them if there were any plans / options to modify the Fastback to cover the bolt hole and OEM sissy bar bolts - they responded pretty quick but basically said "not really." They're not a huge company and don't have anybody to spare from production to do redesign / development. He said maybe in the winter when it slows down but didn't sound like it was going to make it very high on the priority list.

I'm in the same boat on looking for the best seat option, leaning towards Mean City with custom upholstery, though. I'm not doing any 500-mile touring rides and don't want to kill the look of the bike (IMO) with a huge, ultra-padded seat.

Good luck!
TrueBlueFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #26 (permalink)

Will the buttcrack seat work with the stock rear seat?
e'steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #27 (permalink)

I was looking at possibly a c&c fastback, but reading some of the comments here about the exposed bolts, now I am not sure. I have been looking also at a ginz sissy bar. I assume the problem about exposed bolts also applies to the ginz?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austones View Post
I was looking at possibly a c&c fastback, but reading some of the comments here about the exposed bolts, now I am not sure. I have been looking also at a ginz sissy bar. I assume the problem about exposed bolts also applies to the ginz?
With the oem sissybar you have the two bolts on each side of the fender that hold it down and those are the bolts that are seen with seats that are narrow such as the fastback.

The Ginz sissybar (which I have) bolts up differently, the bar slides into a bracket on each side of the fender and those brackets bolt to the fender frame underneath the plastic fender.

So no you won't have the issue of any bolt holes being exposed with a Ginz sissybar.

One suggestion I have is to lay whatever seat you have on the bike with the rear fender off so you can see where you want to bolt the Ginz sissybar brackets, reason being is that if you use Ginz's diagram on where to bolt the sissybar brackets then it could end up to close to the seat, I have a Danny Gray Weekday 2 up XL and the diagram on where Ginz said to bolt the brackets put the sissybar up against the back of the seat and it's real tight, would have liked about an inch of space between the rear passenger seat and the bar, but it is what it is and it works, the only thing I kind of worry about is the seat rubbing against the sissybar and either wearing a place in the seat or messing up the powder coating, that's why I suggest a little bit of space between the two.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #29 (permalink)

Makes sense to leave a little distance. Thanks for the advice. Ok the c&c is back on the choice list.

Still have to make a final decision. Makes it hard, as I like the solo style seat, but the mrs wants to get on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Thanks for that. C&c is back on the list. Makes it hard, as I like the solo style seat look, but need the comfort for the Mrs on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement