Cobra slip-ons, a whole bunch of sweetness! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cobra slip-ons, a whole bunch of sweetness!

So after reading a lot of reviews here and listening to many a sound clips on YouTube, I picked up a set of the Cobra slip-ons. WOW is all that I can say. I only paid $250 with shipping from powersports so I couldn't pass them up. The sound is phenomenal, and better than I had imagined. Still haven't tried without the baffles yet, but think I'll be leaving in, as I don't want to lose too much more back pressure and down low grunt. Thanks to all who have posted on them in the past and go get'em to those still pondering the idea. Great alternative to a complete set of pipes for $500+
firemarshallvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's the same route I'm gonna take when I get the money. The price for pipes has gone thru the roof in the last few years. That price you paid is one of the best I've seen yet. Thanks for the info.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/grou...ite-page2.html
The above is a link to where I have another link to where my mp3 of my cobra slips are. Click on it, d/l it, and let me know how it compares to yours. The baffles are in, but I keep wondering how much of a change there would be if the baffles were out.
FuryousNurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemarshallvin View Post
So after reading a lot of reviews here and listening to many a sound clips on YouTube, I picked up a set of the Cobra slip-ons. WOW is all that I can say. I only paid $250 with shipping from powersports so I couldn't pass them up. The sound is phenomenal, and better than I had imagined. Still haven't tried without the baffles yet, but think I'll be leaving in, as I don't want to lose too much more back pressure and down low grunt. Thanks to all who have posted on them in the past and go get'em to those still pondering the idea. Great alternative to a complete set of pipes for $500+

Picture would be great.. Pictures my friend.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Morgan

Pics or it never happened lolololol. Gratz man. The only person who has to love them is you. And I agree pipes have gotten retarded. That's why I'm making my this winter

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryousNurse View Post
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/grou...ite-page2.html
The above is a link to where I have another link to where my mp3 of my cobra slips are. Click on it, d/l it, and let me know how it compares to yours. The baffles are in, but I keep wondering how much of a change there would be if the baffles were out.
Nurse, yeah I'd say that's close to what I'm hearing. Given I just listened to ur clip on my iPad. Ok ok with the pics, there only pipes! Lol! I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
firemarshallvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Location: In the country between Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Tx

Slip ons baabbeeee!...Go run em'! Better sound than most...Only 1 way to find out!! an I dont lie!
johnnybigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Having 4 days off and being a natural curiosity fiend, I decided to take out 1 of my slip's baffle. Everything I have heard and read has said I can easily put them back in if I don't like it. Well, I took that 1 baffle out, tried to see if I could put it back in, and ... it is NEVER going back in that slip. The only way it will go back in is when all the fiberglass has been blown out. Guess my experimentation with this will continue with one baffle out and one baffle in until I see what happens to the fiberglass in the slip without the baffle.
Any fruitful comments to add knowledge to this scenario??
Old 11-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Location: In the country between Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Tx

Uhhh...hows it sound with 1 baffle out?...and, you gonna take a baffle out of the other one now?
johnnybigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't know. I kinda want to see what happens with the baffless slip first. If anyone has a helpful suggestion, let me know. I may have to wade thru some digs to get to a truthful nugget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement