Fury Moving - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySeoul View Post
Woah....you're actually bringing your Fury there. Is this your first time there? LOL

I was there (Seoul AB/K-16) from 2005-2006 and I'm heading to Osan AB in January 2013. The driving over there is INSANE and even worse on the highway. I strongly recommend you do not ride a motorcycle over there. There is a high death rate in South Korea with motorcycles. I'm storing mine while I'm over there (storing it stateside that is).

Where are you in the ROK are you heading?
We were there from 2008-2010 and loved it. The family is looking forward to heading back over there. We'll be down in Yongsan.

I'm extremely anal about where and how I ride which is why I don't plan to venture off base too much. 'Course, that is entirely dependent on whether I end up with quarters on-base. If I don't, I may end up storing as well since the other set of quarters is about 10mins away from post.

I'm still in the early planning stages so things may change...hell, when I woke up Friday morning, I was still going to be spending another year or two here in Kansas!

Cord - That would be a helluva sight!!

But as Taffyspop says, the country is beautiful and I would love to ride the country-side...not to mention the food...kimchi is very high on the list!
AmmoDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

Ammo

I am over here at Osan right now. There are a couple of things that I would advise you on. Feel free to ride on base, but off base the locals treat the rules of the road as guidelines only. Also, there are not that many places where you can store your bike under cover, so I would suggest buying a motorcycle cover especially during the winter months and monsoon season.
Short T-Rexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short T-Rexx View Post
Ammo

I am over here at Osan right now. There are a couple of things that I would advise you on. Feel free to ride on base, but off base the locals treat the rules of the road as guidelines only. Also, there are not that many places where you can store your bike under cover, so I would suggest buying a motorcycle cover especially during the winter months and monsoon season.
How much longer will you be in Osan? I'm heading over in January. I loved Korea the 1st time!
Old 08-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Just got back from Korea a few months ago. The driving is of course worse than what we are use to over here, but it isn't that terrible these days from my experience.
Jordheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
interesting at best in a country where a moped is considered a minivan....
It's early and I needed a laugh...TY

Pretty Boy Dam
Northern Baltimore County MD

Hold that thought 1 sec plz,I got to pick this Bumble Bee out of my Forehead...
DeSario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

After seeing her get packed into a crate in late Sept, my household good finally arrived in country on the 18th. Everything has to clear customs so hopefully I'll be getting here uncrated (and hopefully unharmed...) in the next week or two. It's been too long and I'm itching to get back on the bike.

The traffic is still what it was a few years ago but I'll be riding as much as I can weather dependent. Once I have to put her up, I'll be working on some mods.

Man...I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to roll around....
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Wow, riding a bike in Korea? A cold shiver just ran down my spine; good luck & be safe! I suggest you find a god & pray to him!
Neftali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Alrighty....I've spent the last month or so getting familiar with the job here but I'm finally getting situated.

My household goods with the Fury finally arrived the first week of December and of course, there were damages. 18+ years worth of moves and other than the occasional broken dish or glass, I've never had any issues. There were 4 guys packing and I think half of them were morons. I say that because some stuff that I unpacked was extremely well wrapped, padded and packed. Other items were just collected and put into a box...like my computer, printer, paper shredder, all just put into a box with a bunch of other crap...not a piece of paper or padding.

Back to the Fury, they messed up both passenger pegs, put a chip in the paint on the lower part of the tank and somehow did something that caused about a 1/2 - 3/4 in section of LEDs to burn out on my stealth tail light. With the horror stories I've heard, I'm not too irritated and it could have been much worse. I'm filing a claim for everything so hopefully it will all work out. I did talk to Justin over at Raw Designs and they'll repair or replace the product. Great customer service IMHO!

Anyhow, I've ridden a total of about two weeks since getting it and it's been great! Coldest it's been riding is about 12 degrees...chilly but...crisp! It's got down to about -5 degrees with snow on the ground over the new year so I won't be riding until it clears up. I can't wait for spring to hit some of the countryside, that will be a nice ride!

Hope everyone had a great "transition" into the new year! Be safe out there!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

Good to see ya back around.. and glad to hear you settling in... sounds cold to me! Bummer about the mishaps, I'm sure you'll get it worked out though.
Watch out for your northern neighbors... them boys like to play with rockets and I don't think they got out all the bugs yet!LOL
KenD is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement