Help... Out of ideas. - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help... Out of ideas.

Long time lurker, never posted anything before & had no intentions of doing so until I got my bike, but therein lies the problem & I need help.

I am looking to purchase a 2011 Honda VT1300CX ABS Pearl White, but for some strange reason in Japan there do not seem to be any. I did speak to a dealer who spoke to the Honda factory who had one more parts set left that they could special order & build me the bike I want... To the tune of 1.54M or $19,750 & either a December or January delivery date. No thanks!

This is after going back & forth with multiple dealers & getting ridiculous estimates or unavailability for months.

What I will do now is try to purchase the bike in the USA & have it shipped to Japan. I figure the shipping will be about $1,000, the emissions/break scam/test once it gets here is $1,000, shipping from Osaka to Yamaguchi $500, & paperwork should be about $200. That is less than $3,000 which should still be much cheaper with the added cost of the bike than the cheapest quote I have received so far ($17,000).

The only problem is locating & purchasing the bike itself. Anyone have any ideas, know any dealers, are dealers themselves, or could help me out? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Neftali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

First off, thanks for coming out of hiding. And secondly, WOW!!!! That's a lot to go through to get a bike! Sorry I can't help.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Are there not ANY Fury's, or just not any Perl White Fury's?

Cause I'm thinking couldn't you just buy a Fury and have it repainted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftali View Post
Long time lurker, never posted anything before & had no intentions of doing so until I got my bike, but therein lies the problem & I need help.

I am looking to purchase a 2011 Honda VT1300CX ABS Pearl White, but for some strange reason in Japan there do not seem to be any. I did speak to a dealer who spoke to the Honda factory who had one more parts set left that they could special order & build me the bike I want... To the tune of 1.54M or $19,750 & either a December or January delivery date. No thanks!

This is after going back & forth with multiple dealers & getting ridiculous estimates or unavailability for months.

What I will do now is try to purchase the bike in the USA & have it shipped to Japan. I figure the shipping will be about $1,000, the emissions/break scam/test once it gets here is $1,000, shipping from Osaka to Yamaguchi $500, & paperwork should be about $200. That is less than $3,000 which should still be much cheaper with the added cost of the bike than the cheapest quote I have received so far ($17,000).

The only problem is locating & purchasing the bike itself. Anyone have any ideas, know any dealers, are dealers themselves, or could help me out? Thanks!

Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just not an pearl whites with ABS, I even tried to go the reprinting route; trust me when I say it makes no sense & should not be so difficult... I have been at it for months.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
First off, thanks for coming out of hiding. And secondly, WOW!!!! That's a lot to go through to get a bike! Sorry I can't help.
Just never had much to say considering I didn't have the bike!

Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Tim5779

Kind of ironic isn't it. You're in Japan, yet you can't find a Japanese bike....HA
Tim5779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Isnt the Pearl White just the tins? If so, purchase the tins and have them painted there in Japan.
CBSIMONSEZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I found ya 4 2011 Pearl White for sale low milage, ranging in price from $8500 to $9500. Alas none have ABS. I don't understand. Get one with a Black frame and have the tins repainted. Can't be more than a Thousand even over there. Your chance of finding one over here is slim, since not many are ordered with ABS.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wasn't the black the only one with ABS? If so I'd get black and just repaint. Gotta be cheaper.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim5779 View Post
Kind of ironic isn't it. You're in Japan, yet you can't find a Japanese bike....HA
That was my point, I stated repeatedly, 'Isn't the bike made here?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ View Post
Isnt the Pearl White just the tins? If so, purchase the tins and have them painted there in Japan.
They are trying to charge about 200,000 or $2,555.55 to either charge or paint the parts, added on top of the already ridiculous price of the bike here & I am still looking at $17,000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental View Post
I found ya 4 2011 Pearl White for sale low milage, ranging in price from $8500 to $9500. Alas none have ABS. I don't understand. Get one with a Black frame and have the tins repainted. Can't be more than a Thousand even over there. Your chance of finding one over here is slim, since not many are ordered with ABS.
Thanks, I really appreciate the effort, but unless it has ABS, the wife won't let me play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
Wasn't the black the only one with ABS? If so I'd get black and just repaint. Gotta be cheaper.
Both black & white came w/ ABS variants. I just found a shipping company that specializes in importing cars/bikes from the USA to Japan... Now all I need to do is track down the bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement