Honda Fury Forums: banner

240 rear tire

30K views 116 replies 38 participants last post by  Red13fury 
#1 ·
Anyone have a 240 rear tire on their stock rim? If so how do you like it and can you please attach some pics of them. Thanks guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#5 ·
460brevill, are you running that 240 tire off of your stock rim or aftermarket? I have heard some complaints in regard to running the 240 tire on the stock rim. Also, do you have any pictures of it? I want to run a fat tire on the fury but unsure of investing into the sumo upgrade. I would rather put that money towards other fun crap for this bike. Thanks!

#15 ·
@ 460brevill. Do you have any clearance issues ? Do you think it would be possible to squeeze a 7" wheel in there as well ?

#19 ·
I appreciate the pics. I don't mean to question you, but are you positive this isn't the Avon Cobra. According to the Avon website, the Venom is not offered in a 240 and also has a different tread pattern than your picture. Judging by your pics and the tire size, I believe this to be the Avon Cobra. I am just trying to clarify so that I can order the same tire you are running when I actually pick up my Fury. I know, I know. Sorry.

#25 ·
Did it. 240 40 cobra now! Couldn't get it mounted with a manual machine. Make sure to go slow mounting and use an automatic machine. Also the ride will be a much bumpier. Have to soften the rear shock. Just rode for first time this morning. Love it so far.

#26 ·
BTW. The cobra I have is an Avon vr79 and my fender's sub frame had been lowered and shortened. Still no clearance issues. Stock rim.

#31 ·
Dropped the air but still a little bouncy. I'll be setting the shock softer.
Turning feels more like a sport bike now. No sissy strip!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.