High & low beam light issue question - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default High & low beam light issue question

Hello Folks!

I am having an issue with my high and low beam lights and would like to if any of you folks have experience this problem before and know what can be the problem.

I have an HID kit on my Fury which has worked flawlessly for 2-yrs but for some reason it has gotten stucked either on the high or the low beam position and when I hit the switch on the handle bar to change it from high to low beam, it simply won't change, it just stays stuck on what it seams to be the low beam position. When you hit the switch to the high beam position, the blue light on the speedometer dashboard turns to blue the way it should be, but the headlight remains on the low beam position. i checked the fuse for the headlight and it is okay. One thing that I do on a regular basis. is to wash my bike bi-weekly, so I don't know if humidity or water could have play a roll on this, but then again, I been doing it for two years and never had an issue, so I don't think that water had anything to do with this problem.

I remember that when I use to have my VTX-1300C, issues of this sort use to be sort of a common thing with those bike models with the light switch, water and dirt use to create a coating film od dirt on the switch contacts that would prevent the lights to work properly, so people use to bring the switch apart and clean them with electric contact cleaner and the problem would go away.

Have any of you experienced the same problem I am having?

Thanks in advance for your assistance on this matter.
Glock-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Really Glad to see you back around buddy!

if memory serves me on some of the HID kits there was a motorized unit that would rotate the light for high and low beam applications. maybe that motor/servo is not working causing the bulb to stay in the low position?

just a thought!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I would say, dirty switch or the bulb.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would say if the hi beam indicator comes on at the dash, it is not the switch.
Clueless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Dave Maher

Problem is with your light not the switch. Either an inline switcing relay on the HID light or the light itself. Take the light out and feed juice to the low beam side then to the high beam side see if both sides light up to prove it's not a problem with the switch.

Last edited by Dave Maher; 11-03-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Dave Maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Maher View Post
Problem is with your light not the switch. Either an inline switcing relay on the HID light or the light itself. Take the light out and feed juice to the low beam side then to the high beam side see if both sides light up to prove it's not a problem with the switch.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I was thinking on checking the swith first but the fact that the blue light comes on, is a good indication that most likely it wouldn't be a dirty or bag switch, something on the HID seems to be most likely the problem, but I just wanted to throw the question out there to get some opinions.

Once again, thanks everyone for your assistance!

P.S. How is life on your neck of the woods Joe?
Glock-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement