I'm a idoit... and now I have proof. - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm a idoit... and now I have proof.

Wasn't able to ride for a couple of days. My daughter and I were going to the mall in the cage and I decided I'd hop on and ride around the yard before we left. I had the very brilliant idea of spinning the rear wheel a bit in the driveway (my daughter was NOT on the bike). No biggie... braked but didn't account for the difference of braking on concrete to grass. Hit the grass and went right over.

Thankfully, my leg kept protected the bike from any real damage. The bike landed on my leg and rolled my ankle. The turn signal dinged my tank - it's small ding. Rear brake pedal and peg are done.

Seriously, that was the dumbest thing I have done in a while. Jeez....

***oh yeah. and I spelled idiot wrong***

Last edited by Mad Jasper; 11-03-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Mad Jasper is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
jw

I hate the stupid LollyPops !! They always pretty much dent the tank when the bike goes down on the right. Replace the brake & peg with Accutronix controls and you'll feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
I hate the stupid LollyPops !! They always pretty much dent the tank when the bike goes down on the right. Replace the brake & peg with Accutronix controls and you'll feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

I wish!!! Just gonna replace with OEM if I can find them. Otherwise I'll have to wait until after Christmas for a big purchase.

If anybody know where I can find them, let me know.

Last edited by Mad Jasper; 11-03-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

I got my stock lollies. I cut the plugs off. You could splice yours on. Just pm me which one you need and a name and address and I'll ship you what you need.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacOBruiseR View Post
I got my stock lollies. I cut the plugs off. You could splice yours on. Just pm me which one you need and a name and address and I'll ship you what you need.

The damn cheap turn signal is fine, it's the brake pedal that wrapped around sideways. Right-side peg is bent quite nicely as well.

Thanks though!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a stock peg, but it is just the peg. None of the plates or bolts. If you need it though, it's yours

Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Location: In the country between Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Tx

I did the same thing cep I was on my scooter! Slammed on the fron brake and went right over! Dam near broke my collarbone!!! I had no idea it would grab grass like that! I thot I would just slide!! Lol! Had a nice audience too!..I pretended it dint hurt, but it did for about 2 weeks!
Join the "Cool Club"!
johnnybigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacOBruiseR View Post
I have a stock peg, but it is just the peg. None of the plates or bolts. If you need it though, it's yours

Thanks, but I think I can salvage mine. It looks lile the bolts were bent slightly, making the peg a little loose. I may be able to tighten the bolts and secure the peg.

It's the brake pedal that is screwed. I'm going to pull it off tomorrow and try to straighten it with a vise. If I can get by until after Christmas, I can order a new set of foward controls.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybigfish View Post
I did the same thing cep I was on my scooter! Slammed on the fron brake and went right over! Dam near broke my collarbone!!! I had no idea it would grab grass like that! I thot I would just slide!! Lol! Had a nice audience too!..I pretended it dint hurt, but it did for about 2 weeks!
Join the "Cool Club"!
I really wish I didn't join this club.

Thanksfully, my daughter was the only one that saw it. Of course, she will tell everyone she knows.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Location: In the country between Wichita Falls and Iowa Park, Tx

Its always pretty funny when you survive, huh! Lol!
johnnybigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement