Power PRO users must try this!! - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't brought up my name.......well, I might have.........
You would have....but we'll leave this one alone....it's good info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

WoW

I am glad you guys cleared all that up!

if you are not installing a new battery like i was just disconnect your old battery with the key in the on position Probably to drain any stored charge?

then after 30 minutes you can turn the key to the off position while you reconnect the battery.

then run only in idle for 15 minutes then shut it off

your done!

No rest for the WICKED
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to finally
I disconnected my batteries before I installed the new controller. I just feel that if there is no power going to the bike is nothing you can screw up. No I never turn the key on while it was disconnected but if there is no power there is no power there for the computer will reset. Unless I am missing something about the key being on please chime in and and let me know.

Mods: Cannella risers, FI2000PowrPro , Cobra Swept Exhaust,Cobra’s PowrFlo, Chrome Dipstick, Chrome Claw Mirrors, Tool pouch, LEDGlow ,Accutronix Chrome LED License plate light, Kuryakyn Handlebar Control Covers, Brake Master Cylinder Cover, Flamin' Switchblade Pegs
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

When i first installed my Power Pro, i just connected the ground wire as directed, cant say it was fully disconnected at Positive terminal?

but as i stated this came from 460 Breville in another post.

i followed the directions and it worked nicely.

there was never any issues before this that made me want to try this procedure; but since i was installing a new battery anyway i figured it cant hurt.

IF anyone else attempts this Feel free to post your results here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finally View Post
I disconnected my batteries before I installed the new controller. I just feel that if there is no power going to the bike is nothing you can screw up. No I never turn the key on while it was disconnected but if there is no power there is no power there for the computer will reset. Unless I am missing something about the key being on please chime in and and let me know.

No rest for the WICKED
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:03 AM

I think it is all good what do you think Steveo?

Mods: Cannella risers, FI2000PowrPro , Cobra Swept Exhaust,Cobra’s PowrFlo, Chrome Dipstick, Chrome Claw Mirrors, Tool pouch, LEDGlow ,Accutronix Chrome LED License plate light, Kuryakyn Handlebar Control Covers, Brake Master Cylinder Cover, Flamin' Switchblade Pegs
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finally View Post
I think it is all good what do you think Steveo?
Huh....what do I think about what...??...

I think I wish I had the money for the PowerPro, and when and if I do get one, I will follow this procedure.

460 seems to know his shit and I believe he wouldn't steer ya' wrong. Plus since joefury is showing this much excitement that he would start a thread about it, there must have been quite a noticeable difference between just installaing the device and then installing it the way 460 said to do it.

Apparently it takes a while for the thing to completely bleed off power and reset.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/members/116x150x1398-steveo-albums387-crap-picture46321t-untitled.png.pagespeed.ic.7USV2JNVIZ.jpg

Last edited by Steveo; 11-06-2012 at 09:33 AM.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
You would have....but we'll leave this one alone....it's good info.
So, have you tried this yet? I would guess not, because you probably have been busy doing chores for your master.....I mean wife.....

I'm anxious to hear how much difference, if any, you notice. Not that I don't believe joefury; it's just nice to have at least one more do it for confirmation.

Of course, by the time I can afford a PowerPro fuel controller I will have forgotten all this, so it won't make any difference.

http://www.furyforums.com/forum/members/116x150x1398-steveo-albums387-crap-picture46321t-untitled.png.pagespeed.ic.7USV2JNVIZ.jpg
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
So, have you tried this yet? I would guess not, because you probably have been busy doing chores for your master.....I mean wife.....

I'm anxious to hear how much difference, if any, you notice. Not that I don't believe joefury; it's just nice to have at least one more do it for confirmation.

Of course, by the time I can afford a PowerPro fuel controller I will have forgotten all this, so it won't make any difference.
No, haven't done it yet...it's friggin dark when I get home now.......had to bury a lovebird yesterday...it was my daughters favorite pet......so I dealt with a couple of crying women......

But I think I will give it a shot soon.......Veterans Day coming up......may have to do a ride or two.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
No, haven't done it yet...it's friggin dark when I get home now.......had to bury a lovebird yesterday...it was my daughters favorite pet......so I dealt with a couple of crying women......

But I think I will give it a shot soon.......Veterans Day coming up......may have to do a ride or two.
My condolences on the loss of your pet bird.

It's dark before I even leave work! Well, be sure to let us know the results when you get a chance to try the procedure.

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Ok I will try this but I don't have enough gas to idle the bike for 15 min. The storm Sandy made this place like a war zone.

Last edited by finally; 11-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode