Power PRO users must try this!! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Power PRO users must try this!!

Ok I ran the Cobra Power Pro FI as per instructions that came with the unit and just installed it on the bike and ran with it.

aside from some manufacturing problems they had in the start, it ran fine afterwards there were never any issues.

I decided to change out my battery and happened to come across this note from Bill (460 Brevill)

I followed his directions exactly and WOW what a difference in the ride.

If you are running the Power Pro unit you must try this!

Per 460 Brevill

"while installing battery turn the key on for 30 minutes before hooking up new batt.after 30 minutes turn key off.hook up positive post first,negative post last.Now start the bike and let it idle for (15)minutes.(DO NOT GOOSE THE THROTTLE WHILE IT IS RUNNING OR WHILE STARTING IT.)after 15 minutes turn the key off.when you restart the bike take notice of the idle.you should see a diff.good luck."

This Works and should be part of the units install instructions!!

Big thanks Bill and anyone else who would like to try this can post their experience here ..
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm going to give it a shot, even though I have no issues.

Joe, how you like the new battery?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

I could not get it in and attach the cables; so i went to a local stereo shop and had some 4 inch extensions made and will try again next week. this time I will pre-connect the top mount post with the cables allowing me room to connect stock cables to the extensions i had made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QbanFury View Post
I'm going to give it a shot, even though I have no issues.

Joe, how you like the new battery?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefury View Post
Ok I ran the Cobra Power Pro FI as per instructions that came with the unit and just installed it on the bike and ran with it.

aside from some manufacturing problems they had in the start, it ran fine afterwards there were never any issues.

I decided to change out my battery and happened to come across this note from Bill (460 Brevill)

I followed his directions exactly and WOW what a difference in the ride.

If you are running the Power Pro unit you must try this!

Per 460 Brevill

"while installing battery turn the key on for 30 minutes before hooking up new batt.after 30 minutes turn key off.hook up positive post first,negative post last.Now start the bike and let it idle for (15)minutes.(DO NOT GOOSE THE THROTTLE WHILE IT IS RUNNING OR WHILE STARTING IT.)after 15 minutes turn the key off.when you restart the bike take notice of the idle.you should see a diff.good luck."

This Works and should be part of the units install instructions!!

Big thanks Bill and anyone else who would like to try this can post their experience here ..
I guess you need a new battery on hand because the old battery would dead after turning on the for 30 min with head light, running light and what ever elese is on with the key on. Or can I leave a charger on the battery for the 30 min while the key is on so I don't kill the battery then disconnect and reconnect then start the bike and let it idle for (15)minutes?
Mods: Cannella risers, FI2000PowrPro , Cobra Swept Exhaust,Cobra’s PowrFlo, Chrome Dipstick, Chrome Claw Mirrors, Tool pouch, LEDGlow ,Accutronix Chrome LED License plate light, Kuryakyn Handlebar Control Covers, Brake Master Cylinder Cover, Flamin' Switchblade Pegs

Last edited by finally; 11-05-2012 at 09:42 AM.
finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finally View Post
I guess you need a new battery on hand because the old battery would dead after turning on the for 30 min with head light, running light and what ever elese is on with the key on.
It says to turn key on for 30 mins "before" hookng up the battery. So if you are just trying to reset the comp without changing the battery, you must first unhook the battery, then hook the battery up and run bike for 15 min without touching the throttle.

Black Cobra Swepts - No Baffles FTW
Black "Razor Back" Mirrors
Custom Pinstriping
Mike V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. View Post
It says to turn key on for 30 mins "before" hookng up the battery. So if you are just trying to reset the comp without changing the battery, you must first unhook the battery, then hook the battery up and run bike for 15 min without touching the throttle.
got you. I Had a brain fart
Mods: Cannella risers, FI2000PowrPro , Cobra Swept Exhaust,Cobra’s PowrFlo, Chrome Dipstick, Chrome Claw Mirrors, Tool pouch, LEDGlow ,Accutronix Chrome LED License plate light, Kuryakyn Handlebar Control Covers, Brake Master Cylinder Cover, Flamin' Switchblade Pegs
finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Alright, I need some dummy 101 help here (shut up steveo)........

so we disconnect the battery and turn key on for thirty minutes, right? Then we hook up positive first, then negative and run bike for 15 minutes, right? Here's where my ignorance comes in.......do we turn the key off before hooking up the battery????????
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Alright, I need some dummy 101 help here (shut up steveo)........

so we disconnect the battery and turn key on for thirty minutes, right? Then we hook up positive first, then negative and run bike for 15 minutes, right? Here's where my ignorance comes in.......do we turn the key off before hooking up the battery????????
That's what it says to do in the instructions, you dumb shit! Can't you read?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
That's what it says to do in the instructions, you dumb shit! Can't you read?
Real men never read instructions..........you cornhead
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
Real men never read instructions..........you cornhead
I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't brought up my name.......well, I might have.........
Advertisement