Sissy Bar Question - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sissy Bar Question

So after searching relentlessly on the forum and online, I am still having trouble figuring out this question. Does anyone offer an "easy-on/easy-off" type of sissy bar? My girl really wants me to get one so she at least has something behind her when she rides on back, but I (personally) do not like the look of a sissy bar on the Fury. (again, that's my opinion and all power to those of you who have your own) The sissy bar doesn't even have to be more than a short one with a pad.

I figure there should be a good option somewhere that I can get that would give me the option of installing/removing easy since she doesn't ride with me nearly as much as I ride the bike.

Would love some thoughts/suggestions from the group.
Cooperj is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

i have a small one that i got when i purchased the Sumo-x kit
ya may check on thier website
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperj View Post
So after searching relentlessly on the forum and online, I am still having trouble figuring out this question. Does anyone offer an "easy-on/easy-off" type of sissy bar? My girl really wants me to get one so she at least has something behind her when she rides on back, but I (personally) do not like the look of a sissy bar on the Fury. (again, that's my opinion and all power to those of you who have your own) The sissy bar doesn't even have to be more than a short one with a pad.

I figure there should be a good option somewhere that I can get that would give me the option of installing/removing easy since she doesn't ride with me nearly as much as I ride the bike.

Would love some thoughts/suggestions from the group.
What seat are you using?

If stock, theres this one that can remove pretty easily.

2010 - 2012 Honda Fury 12 Inch Chopper Style Sissy Bar Kit In Triple Finish Show Chrome.
Kiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
What seat are you using?

If stock, theres this one that can remove pretty easily.

2010 - 2012 Honda Fury 12 Inch Chopper Style Sissy Bar Kit In Triple Finish Show Chrome.
That one looks like a pretty good option. I am having trouble seeing how it mounts
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
That one looks like a pretty good option. I am having trouble seeing how it mounts
2010 2012 Honda Fury Sissy Bar No Drilling in Fender Powder Coated Black | eBay
That's the one that I was gonna suggest, but it's cheaper on eBay. If you want to remove the backrest quickly, it's only 2 small allen screws. Then only 2 short holders will be sticking up. If you want to remove the whole thing, it will take a few minutes. I have this same one from Outlaw Chrome. (Tomahawk Designs)
I hope this helps.
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
It uses the three holes that the passenger seat uses. The one at the rear on the fender, and the two sides of the riders seat bracket.
Kiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

I had this on my bike and loved the look! Only problem is if you go with any aftermarket seats, you will be limited to what they work with. And I do mean to only the stock rear seat! I bought mine off eBay and saved a few bucks. The black powder coating looks great. And questions installing it just hit me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awesome information guys. Thanks! I think I will probably get that one.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I had to cut off the rear bolt. It was bottoming out before it tightened the bar to the fender. My gf said that the back rest moved around til I figured out what was going on. I requested some other attachments(backrests) of different styles to insert into the back of it and the guy at Outlaw Chrome said that they would be making some other designs but I have not seen anything new. I wanted get a tall easryrider looking one to sport sometime. =D
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

The thing that Harley's have over the fury, is the wide variety of aftermarket parts.

I used to have a bad boy springer & the sissy bar was just a click to remove & install, just like the solo to 2 up seat. I forget the brand, but I could go from solo setup to 2 up, including rack in under a minute. And the setup looked good in both modes.

The great thing about having a fury is that there a not a huge amount out there, but that is also at times a frustration when looking for must have bits for our rides, as there is not a large market out there. It is even worse here in Australia. The few places here that stock some metric stuff, charge like wounded bulls, or we have to import ourselves from overseas.

I have been doing a lot of looking & so far I am leaning towards the Ginz bars, for a) looks & b) not having to drill the rear guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement