Laying down the Fury - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 AM
But I also noticed I'm developing a bit of a chicken strip too. Don't know if that's having an effect. My daily commute is 50 miles of straight flat road. Need to find some curves... Lol.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Vray69 View Post
I just noticed the past few weeks that mine feels like it's slipping on left hands turns too. I've put about 10, 000 miles on mine since I got it and I've never noticed that before. Could it have something to do with the temperatures getting a little colder the past few weeks and affecting the air pressure?
If you are still running the original tire then it's probably time for a new one. I have over 12,000 miles on mine and noticing the same thing you described above.

Never a problem when tire was new, but mine is definitely worn and needing replaced.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
The tire was replaced with factory Dunlop a couple months ago. Got around 4000 miles on it. Still a lot of tread to the wear indicator.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:03 PM
I've pushed mine pretty far down into corners, but I also put a fair amount of weight on the contact patch at 300lbs. Try playing with the preload on the shock to help with weight transfer. And of course, check tire pressure.

Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, MFR Custom Pipes, Thunder MFG adapter, Velocity Stack Air Intake, C&C Snakeskin SportTour seat, DNA +6 Springer, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, DynoJet Controller, Ginz Hardcore Teepee Sissy Bar, Dlxprodox Mini floorboards...
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode