Help...Getting Spiked!!!! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
TAZ
Lifetime Member

Red face Help...Getting Spiked!!!!

I'd like a Chrome Spike Air Filter with adapter. How is the Low & Mean (USA Made) with the adapter kit?
What's better without exceeding $ 500.00.
TAZ
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

I got mine through a search on e-bay of "D&M Spike" and got one for a steal! They are really D&M spikes but for some reason sold cheaper on e-bay through one of their divisions.

I actuallyl called D&M and spoke to them about it. They are great. Adapter is needed (Accutronix or L&M)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You have different options on what adapter to use, I have the L&M but there are a couple of others that are cheaper, the L&M one was $180 plus the cost of the spike, which mine was like $100 but you can find them cheaper. I bought mine on eBay. I know I really wasn't any help but if you are wanting an L&M adapter you know where to get that and if you need help finding a spike just let us know.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
TAZ
Lifetime Member

Default Keep the info coming.....

I'll be getting it for my Christmas present, to me....tee,hee,hee!
How often do you have to change the filters; miles / months?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mine has a washable filter and I cleaned it once a year! Really didn't get that dirty.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Mine came with a filter that looks like a K&N but it doesn't have any stamps on it like I would imagine a K&N would, but I use a K&N filter cleaning kit on it that cleans the filter and has oil in it (think it was $12 and I have used it a few times and still got some more uses left). I usually clean it when I notice it looks dirty or after riding in a good rain storm.

D2Moto I believe is another pretty cheap place to find spike intakes, you have lots of choices based on what you want to spend and what design you like.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Do u need the tuner to have the spike on the bike? Or is it attach an ride?
Big willies fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big willies fury View Post
Do u need the tuner to have the spike on the bike? Or is it attach an ride?
Do you have a custom exhaust or stock? If you have custom exhaust and then put an aftermarket air intake then you'll need a fuel controller, at least it's highly suggested, could put it on and see how the bike runs but it will definitely run better with a fc, better throttle response and better mileage.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

You can purchase an internal rain sock for most spikes and that will help keep the filter clean as well as moisture out of the throttle body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_KIOWA_X View Post
Mine came with a filter that looks like a K&N but it doesn't have any stamps on it like I would imagine a K&N would, but I use a K&N filter cleaning kit on it that cleans the filter and has oil in it (think it was $12 and I have used it a few times and still got some more uses left). I usually clean it when I notice it looks dirty or after riding in a good rain storm.

D2Moto I believe is another pretty cheap place to find spike intakes, you have lots of choices based on what you want to spend and what design you like.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
I'll be getting it for my Christmas present, to me....tee,hee,hee!
How often do you have to change the filters; miles / months?
I ran mine all summer (5000 miles) and it still looks very clean. Keep in mind that most of my riding is out on the highway and I try and dodge bugs as much as I can!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement