Danny Gray Airhawk Seats - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Danny Gray Airhawk Seats

Has anyone had a chance to try a Danny Gray Buttcrack AIRHAWK out yet?

I am thinking to pull the trigger. I called them and the ButtCrack does come in an Airhawk model. I am thinking of going for the carbon fiber look.

I have only found a few reviews of those seats out there, but wondered if any of you guys have had a chance to try one on any bike.

Cost
281.00 for Seat
175.00 for Airhawk system
---------
456.00 for Plain Black Seat

Additional 150.00 for the Carbon Fiber look.

Still searching for "my" seat.

I have a Corbin Solo, Corbin Dual up and a Mean City Cycles redux of a stock seat. So far, I can go about 150 miles or so before the butt pain starts.

Except for the Corbin Dual up, I can go forwever on that one. BUT... my bike is now a solo only bike, as I replaced the Corbin Dual up with an Iron 883 for my wife.... So no more 2up for us.

Guess I should think about selling my Corbin Dual up. But that's another thread I guess. I may end up selling the Corbin Solo depending on how the Buttcrack plays out.

Vic
Victrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey Vic. Don't mean to jack your thread, but are you not happy with the Mean City seat? Others seemed to speak highly of it. Was thinking of doing it in the future.
Vray69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

I am very happy with it. It doubled the distance I was able to ride over the stock seat. Price was nice as well. My ride went from 75 miles to 120 or so before any pain set in. So then I got the Corbin Solo and went up to around 200.

Since I put the 4 inch extensions on my bike, I am guessing my seating position has changed a bit and the Corbin Solo piping started biting into my lower back. That Corbin seat comes a bit higher than most seats.

I put the Mean City Cycles seat back on. I got my 200 miles but I had to get off the bike a few times.

Keep in mind, I am a heavier guy, come in at 284. That could be the issue.

If you are thinking of Mean City Cycles upgrade, my seat has about 600 miles on it and I would be willing to sell it. Might be cheaper for you. I can put the Corbin Solo back on in the meantime.

My Mean City Seat is wrapped in Carbon Fiber. PM me if interested, I can send a picture.

I have a feeling if I was a lighter person, I would love the Mean City Cycle redux.

Most of my friends have cruisers etc... So they ride all day. So I am looking for that seat that will let a heavier guy like me be able to do that.

But whether or not you buy my Mean City Cycle Redux, that seat is very good and they do great work. My Corbin Seats are great as well.

In the end, I think it all comes down to the seat of YOUR pants... literally.

oh... and of course looks... It hard to ride comfortable AND look good. That is the real challenge for us.

Vic
Victrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
jw

I've got the DG Buttcrack and love it more then the mustang I had before

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

I went for the Mustang for 250 only because most people said it was more comfortable than the buttcrack.

It did jack me up at least 2 inches higher from the massive cushioning but im guessing that will settle in.

The Mustang is also very wide another thing to consider and seemed bigger than the buttcrack.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Does the DG Airhawk 2-up work with the T-mod?

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a black snakeskin C&C sport tour but thought I would check it out.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
jw

DJ I'm not 100% about the DG airhawk but do know that I had to modify the mounting bracket to get my Buttcrack to fit properly with the T-Mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
jw is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement