Honda Fury Forums: banner

Gas mileage

50K views 196 replies 93 participants last post by  aces and eights 
#1 ·
Just curious what kind of range people are getting before they have to pull in and fill up.I rode about 90 miles then the gas light came on.

#4 · (Edited)
What Type of Fuel are yall using just for S's & Giggles?

That tank I hit 109 on was from Chevron using Supreme. I have been smooth riding with a few strong roll-on's here and there. Mostly all back HWY miles

If I calculated this correct and Fuel capacity is 2.74gal [reserve not included into total] I got 39.78 MPG on that tank.

#5 ·
WOW that might hurt me getting this bike.

I am not one of those long range bikers that bitch when a bike can't get 200+ miles per tankful, I LIKE stopping every 100 miles or so to stretch my legs but I am not sure about being forced to stop every 100 miles.

Light coming on at 90 miles would mean 2 fillups per week when commuting to work and way too many stops on the weekend.

Luckily summer is almost here in S. Calif. so more of you can report the actually per tank mileage before I decide. I am a full leathers kind of guy no matter what the heat is and as a result I tend to ride more in the winter when its cool or rainy. I was looking forward to getting a bike this summer as I have a trip to Texas planned but then again full leather is summer Tx. heat is no fun.

#6 ·
WOW that might hurt me getting this bike.

I am not one of those long range bikers that bitch when a bike can't get 200+ miles per tankful, I LIKE stopping every 100 miles or so to stretch my legs but I am not sure about being forced to stop every 100 miles.

Light coming on at 90 miles would mean 2 fillups per week when commuting to work and way too many stops on the weekend.
That's my only complaint thus far.... range is way to short for me. I will be looking for any options to increase fuel capacity on my bike... be it another tank or have a fab shop expand the stock tank. I need more fuel!!!

#9 ·
Sounds a lot better then my Ducati. I'd get approx. 90-100 miles out of a tank before refueling :D It's a little annoying, but I can live with it :cool:

#11 ·
#15 ·
Has anyone tried it with regular unleaded?
I filled up with Regular on my way home tonight to see if the tick tick tick tick would stop. I will see if it changes the MPG enough to notice tomorrow.

#19 ·
first tank I got 114 when light came on, Filled up @119. I do mostly highway miles to and from work. 2nd tank I got 106 then light but that was with me and wife doing 50-50 highway and city. My 1800f I traded only got 120-135 before light came on (exhaust and programer) so this is actually better for me (less $$ to fill up). I am running regular by the way.

#21 ·
Usually between 65-70 sometimes though I catch myself doing 60 just enjoying life (on my fury!)

#26 ·
That is the way it was put to me and like I said I was running premium in my 1300 for a long time because that's what the dealer put in it. But when I was told that Honda bikes were not made to run premium gas I switched to regular and boy I could tell the difference in the way the bike ran. Trust me I am with you on the burn clean thing but not sure for honda bikes. So I just use Chevron gas in my bike when I can.

#28 ·
Well I have a Chevron next to the house so 99% of the time I use there Regular gas( Have not though about using the mid grade yet). But when I am out riding and need gas I try to stop a good station ( Gate, Shell, Chevron, etc). But just using regular unleaded gas has worked so far.

#35 ·
yep. 114.8 and light came on. So mine is pretty consintent. filled up and about to go back out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.