Stock passenger seat - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

You gotta post some pictures of the seat once your done. Very interested.

I would love to get some forwards, they look great! Only problem, I'm too short! Lol
Canadian fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

If it works out , I will drop the tools and foam off to you , there will be lots of foam left over .
I'm doing the taillight and forwards first , so in a few days I will be starting the seat,

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
DaveRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian fury View Post
that looks comfy 460. how did you make it? guessing it is held on by suction cups?

Dave, interested to see what you end up doing with the stock seat.
It is held on by the seat bolts.The seat base and sissy bar came off a 2005 big dog.I made the seat and bolted it to it with counter sunk bolts from the bottom.I call it the tush-cush.She likes it.

Salty Hog was here.
460brevill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Hammy

Anyone know if there is an aftermarket pasenger seat that will work with the OEM sissy bar?

Picking up the bike tomorrow and I just know the wife is going to ask when we can change the seat for something more comfortable!

Any input would be great.

Cheers
Hammy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
Anyone know if there is an aftermarket pasenger seat that will work with the OEM sissy bar?

Picking up the bike tomorrow and I just know the wife is going to ask when we can change the seat for something more comfortable!

Any input would be great.

Cheers
Not that i know of Hammy. I think the OEM s/bar is just too narrow.
I have a Danny grey XL 2up Airhawk with a Ginz Sissy bar setup.
Cost me an arm and leg but worth itStock passenger seat-0.jpg
As you can see by the photo, I also extended the footpegs down and forward by around 100mm. this gets rid of the Cheltenham gold cup riding position.
Ginz Choppers - Sissy bars, backrest, luggage racks for Customs, Honda, Harley Davidson, Victory, Yamaha & more
Welcome to Danny Gray Custom Motorcycle Seats
Meancycles.com | MALE MOUNT LOCKABLE OFFSET FOR KURYAKYN FOOTPEGS - Part No: KU4557
Of course you need to shop around as usual but the Ginz bar setup is only from Ginz as a custom item.
Good luck mate.
Forgot to mention:~ anyone using this setup will need to attach the sissy bar mounts 90mm /3.5" to the rear of Ginz template to clear the passenger seat. (As in the pic)

Last edited by Furious Brit; 12-20-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: forgot
Furious Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

If I was you I would't be attached to the oem sissy bar, it's pretty damn short, and you can buy other ones for about the same price and get something that's taller and will be more comfortable than the oem one, plus you won't have to drill into your fender like you do for the oem one, a lot of people regret (myself included) drilling into the fender to install the oem sissy bar.

To answer your question though, yes there are seats out there that will work with the oem sissy bar and if you do a search of the forum you will see different threads that discuss this, but with an aftermarket seat you're going to be able to see the sissy bar bolts because the passenger seats are not wide enough to cover them.

Mods: Morton Inferno And STG 2 into 1 Exhaust,Painted Engine,PowderCoated Rims,Kury Skull Shift pegs,Foot Pegs,Passenger Pegs,Danny Gray Seat,Ginz Sissybar,STG Fork Covers,Freedom T-Mod, PowderCoated Rims,Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
X_KIOWA_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Hammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_KIOWA_X View Post
If I was you I would't be attached to the oem sissy bar, it's pretty damn short, and you can buy other ones for about the same price and get something that's taller and will be more comfortable than the oem one, plus you won't have to drill into your fender like you do for the oem one, a lot of people regret (myself included) drilling into the fender to install the oem sissy bar.

To answer your question though, yes there are seats out there that will work with the oem sissy bar and if you do a search of the forum you will see different threads that discuss this, but with an aftermarket seat you're going to be able to see the sissy bar bolts because the passenger seats are not wide enough to cover them.
Sheet! Okay thanks for the info. Reason I asked is because the bike comes with the sissy bar already and wondered if I could change it. Hmmm might have to shop around a bit and see a) whats available and b) what she likes comfort wise.

Will do some trolling for options to see what's there but I have a feeling I might be digging in my pockets again real soon! *laughs*

Ham..
Hammy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement