Fuel Manager Advice needed - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Seņor Gar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austones View Post
Does this model suit the Australian 2010 ABS model?
Yes and No . Cobra was supposed to be developing a PowrPro AU/EU model with O2 leads last summer but nothing I've heard of yet. You should send them an eMail for an update. In the mean time you could use the NA model and O2 resistor plugs with with no ill effects (click on the pics) .

or

Factory X Forwards Climate Control . Bagger Convertible . Rack & Rest
longest ride, 3000 miles to my former home in SoCA and back ...

Last edited by Seņor Gar; 12-18-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Seņor Gar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Gar View Post
Yes and No . Cobra was supposed to be developing a PowrPro AU/EU model with O2 leads last summer but nothing I've heard of yet. You should send them an eMail for an update. In the mean time you could use the NA model and O2 resistor plugs with with no ill effects (click on the pics) .

or
One other important point to remember is that the AU/EU O2 sensor plugs are reversed compared to the US versions. Where the US have a male plug AU/EU have a female plug and so on. One of the guys from the UK posted an ebay link to a guy in Greece selling the correct O2 eliminator plugs or you can cut the wires between the connector and the sensor and solder a 330 ohm resistor across the wires.

Found the ebay link and here it is. Might be worth buying the plugs as I could not get the plugs to make my own one anywhere.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxygen-o2-...item3a7aadb508

Last edited by macxpert; 12-18-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added ebay link
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I put a call into Cobra's supplier for the PowrPro to see if there is any progress on the EU/AU model with O2 sensor connections. Response is that Cobra is not pursuing that option at this time and that the US PowrPro with a resistor on the O2 lead is the best answer for now.

I don't know which two wires (there are four) get shorted with the resistor since my US Fury and US wiring diagram doesn't have them so hopefully one of your mates will chime in.
A word of caution; I would not trust that the wiring for a model different from the Fury would use the same wire color code. Best to find an owner or tech who has done it on an AU Fury successfully.

Last edited by Seņor Gar; 12-19-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Fury_Guy from Perth WA (Western Australia) found the resistor goes across the two white wires. I believe this is correct but I don't have the AU service manual in front of me reight now so I'll check later.

* Just checked my AU manual and the resistor does go across the white wires.

Last edited by macxpert; 12-19-2012 at 05:19 AM.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default EU/AU Fury O2 connector

This image of the removed exhaust side harness connectors should confirm the location of the relative position of the male pins/wires in the remaining main harness connectors that need to be shorted with the 330 Ω resistor. Alternatively, you could order this plug-in solution form eBay. Just click on the image . Note: These plastic connectors are the reverse of the US version and will not work on NA O2 equipped Honda motorcycles as noted by macXpert.

Last edited by Seņor Gar; 12-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement