IM so pissed input please - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

IM so pissed input please

I took my 2011 fury in cuz it was leaking oil from the head. Mechanic just called and said that the warranty prob not going to cover it cuz of my air intake. I even put it all back together stock before I took it in and he said that there was a "print" in the breather lines from the cobra powerflo intake. Any info of what I should do they told me it will be a $2500 job and IM beside myself with anger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 PM

1 Tell him you want to talk to the Honda service rep

2 Contact Honda Customer service

3 Go to another Honda shop

excessive pressure from a pinched hose would not have produced a leak at the head, would have been at the valve cover or the dipstick

Last edited by Clueless; 12-19-2012 at 08:30 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 PM

That is illegal. Refer to the Magnusson-Moss Act. Warranty cannot be voided unless said part is shown to be directly responsible for the failure. Let them know this, and your willingness to contact an attorney. No way an air intake can make the head leak oil. What a bunch of D-bags.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

"This means that, under the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, an automotive dealership/carmaker cannot void your warranty because your vehicle has been modified with aftermarket parts. They (the manufacturers) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of the installed aftermarket part. Unfortunately, too many folks have gone to a dealer to have warranty service performed on their modified vehicle only to have the dealer refuse to cover the defective items. The dealer usually states, that because of the aftermarket parts installed, the warranty is void (without even attempting to determine whether or not the aftermarket part caused the problem). This is illegal...period."

Last edited by Exredninjaguy; 12-19-2012 at 08:34 PM.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:30 PM

Total Bullshit! Air cleaner has nothing to do with oil leaking. Like saying a knock in the motor is not covered because you changed your seat.

Let's RIDE!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 PM

Wouldn't ever go to that dealer again.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMedik View Post
I took my 2011 fury in cuz it was leaking oil from the head. Mechanic just called and said that the warranty prob not going to cover it cuz of my air intake. I even put it all back together stock before I took it in and he said that there was a "print" in the breather lines from the cobra powerflo intake. Any info of what I should do they told me it will be a $2500 job and IM beside myself with anger.
First off what is a print from cobra powerflo intake, the freaken bike is leaking oil not air..that is total bull I would go to a different dealer!
Regards,
PAFURY
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 PM

Location: West End of the 49th 2010-ABS-Fury (US) Septuagenarian Rider
Send a message via Skype™ to Seņor Gar
A pinched crankcase vent line would blow through or blow off the air cleaner before it would harm a good head gasket . It may have exacerbated the leak but it did not cause it .

Last edited by Seņor Gar; 12-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM

just curious because i have a cobra powerflo airfilter i instaled.

how is it in anyway pinching a hose?

can you get a picture and location of this area?

thanks

No rest for the WICKED
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM

I'm going to toss some thing else here...In a previous tread you said you have install a pcv, that raised the rev limiter at every speed shift...riding the motor hard above the design rev could have cause the damage???
Please any body with more mechanical experiece...

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 PM

Location: West End of the 49th 2010-ABS-Fury (US) Septuagenarian Rider
Send a message via Skype™ to Seņor Gar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QbanFury View Post
I'm going to toss some thing else here...In a previous tread you said you have install a pcv, that raised the rev limiter at every speed shift...riding the motor hard above the design rev could have cause the damage???
Please any body with more mechanical experiece...
Hard to say, certainly wouldn't help, but that would definately void any warranty .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode