ginz sissy bar ???? - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

ginz sissy bar ????

does anyone know if the pad off of the stock Honda bar will fit on
the ginz bar ???
what is the diameter of the stock bar ?

October 2013 Fury of The Month !!!

Last edited by christophersfury; 01-15-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Lifetime Member

I'm not going to say it's not going to fit, but the angles of the oem bar bracket and the Ginz bar might not match up, I don't think the diameter of the bar is a concern, even if it does fit it might not be at the position that you want, for example the pad might sit to high or low, I have a Ginz sissybar but don't know anyone that has a oem sissybar pad that I could try to test out for you, and honestly the extra $20 for the pad is not that much (I think that's what the price of the Ginz pad was).

Mods: Morton Inferno Exhaust, Painted Engine, PowderCoated Rims, Kury Skull Shift and Brake Pegs, Kury Skull Foot Pegs, Kury Passenger Pegs, Danny Gray Seat, Ginz Sissybar, STG Fork Covers, Freedom T-Mod, Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 AM

Wow X KIOWA X you must have caught them on a good day! LOL!
I paid $150.00 for my 8 inch back rest pad from Ginz!
Because of the difference in the spread of the bars, I don't think it will fit right.
I don't know if Ginz sells just the backrest mounting bracket but you could call and find out. that might give you an option to try something on your on.
their brackets are designed for their bars to work at a certain height.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Lifetime Member

You are right Ken I don't know what I was thinking of for $20 lol, just looked at the site and I see what the price of them is now, but it was a little while ago that I bought it and my memory does suck lol, thanks for the correction as I definitely don't want to put out bad information.

Mods: Morton Inferno Exhaust, Painted Engine, PowderCoated Rims, Kury Skull Shift and Brake Pegs, Kury Skull Foot Pegs, Kury Passenger Pegs, Danny Gray Seat, Ginz Sissybar, STG Fork Covers, Freedom T-Mod, Irate Skull Grill, MFR +3 Forwards
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_KIOWA_X View Post
You are right Ken I don't know what I was thinking of for $20 lol, just looked at the site and I see what the price of them is now, but it was a little while ago that I bought it and my memory does suck lol, thanks for the correction as I definitely don't want to put out bad information.
I was just cuttin' up... some think I do that way to much..LOL! But You are High on the List of Good Info... Helped out many!
The Scars on my Billfold and thinking of how many cans of pork&beans and BBQ potato chips I could have bought... reminds me of the cost and sacrifice!
But when I'm in the wind.... It's all Worth It!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode