New Honda Goldwing F6B - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpert View Post
The quiet exhaust is what you want on a long distance touring bike. A loud exhaust causes fatigue and annoys the heck out of you when you're on the bike for more than about 30 mins.
Maybe true for some...

I've gone easily 6x that straight with Swept's with Monster Baffles (which is by no means the loudest but certainly not quiet) and I love every second of it and not at any point so far has the noise bothered me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Your dealer will probably tell you, that price is below dealer cost, and you need to find out the true OTD price.

I will be assembling 2 of the F6B models tomorrow, looking forward to the test ride
How much are you guys selling them for?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag30 View Post
My biggest problem with the GW is they are too dam quiet.
Like any other bike, you can change the exhaust and make it as loud as you want.

I haven't done a lot of checking, but Cobra has slip ons for this bike. I'm sure you can find other exhausts, or someone could custom build the exhaust...like MFR......
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Your dealer will probably tell you, that price is below dealer cost, and you need to find out the true OTD price.

I will be assembling 2 of the F6B models tomorrow, looking forward to the test ride
That's true Clueless. Brookhaven Honda is a power dealer. There website is Mississippi, Honda, ATV, motorcycle, scooter, watercraft, dealer, Brookhaven Honda Steveo can click on motorcycles and they will have a list of the gw's and such with text numbers you can use to get prices. The prices they show are their promo prices, I'm sure they will tack on some stuff.....

Let us know how the test ride goes.
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
How much are you guys selling them for?
Asked the owner, she said 19,5, which will be right at 20,8 OTD, put the red one together, getting ready to do the black

Quote:
Like any other bike, you can change the exhaust and make it as loud as you want.

I haven't done a lot of checking, but Cobra has slip ons for this bike. I'm sure you can find other exhausts, or someone could custom build the exhaust...like MFR......
Not really true with the GL, the Cobras are a LITTLE deeper, but not much, they are a CAT back, with the cat and the crossover, they are not even very loud with straight pipes (I have installed some on trikes), the GL isn't really very loud with the muffler completely off.
Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Asked the owner, she said 19,5, which will be right at 20,8 OTD, put the red one together, getting ready to do the black

Not really true with the GL, the Cobras are a LITTLE deeper, but not much, they are a CAT back, with the cat and the crossover, they are not even very loud with straight pipes (I have installed some on trikes), the GL isn't really very loud with the muffler completely off.
Ride the black one first. It should be faster.

So are you saying that even if you built an entire custom exhaust system, it wouldn't make it any louder? Hmmmmm.............

What if you took the entire exhaust system completely off? It'd have to be louder then.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:

I haven't done a lot of checking, but Cobra has slip ons for this bike. I'm sure you can find other exhausts, or someone could custom build the exhaust...like MFR.....
I have actually searched and like Clueless said there aren't a lot of options. Found some sound bytes and they don't open them up a whole lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpert View Post
The quiet exhaust is what you want on a long distance touring bike. A loud exhaust causes fatigue and annoys the heck out of you when you're on the bike for more than about 30 mins.
I am not saying I would want ear bleeding straight pipes, but I would definitely want it to have some growl and sound like a beast like an engine that size should sound.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Ride the black one first. It should be faster.

So are you saying that even if you built an entire custom exhaust system, it wouldn't make it any louder? Hmmmmm.............

What if you took the entire exhaust system completely off? It'd have to be louder then.
I replaced a trikes exhaust with straight pipes, it gave it a little more throat, not much. I have started GLs with NO mufflers on them and they are not loud at all. You could get sound bite of a HD and play it through the stereo tho, make it as loud as you want. Just a thought

The GLs have a header that goes into a big azzed cat, it also has a crossover that scavenges the 2 sides I haven't seen anyone remove the whole thing from the heads back.

The Goldwing will do 135 right out of the box, these probably about the same, I won't be finding out, I was the one who never cared that the Fury stops at 100, never did get mine up to that.

Last edited by Clueless; 02-15-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
You could get sound bite of a HD and play it through the stereo tho, make it as loud as you want..

Now that's funny.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #30 (permalink)

I like to ride long distances with the Mrs on the back and enough stuff for at least 4 days. By long I am talking 500 - 800 kilometres a day or 8 to 12 hours of riding. There is no way you are going to enjoy a loud exhaust without fatigue or pissing yourself off for the kind of time and distance I like to do.

The Gold Wing is a luxury tourer and not a bar hopper, it was never meant to be loud in the first place. Loud pipes have no place on a long distance touring bike period, as anyone who has actually done that sort of riding will know.
macxpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement