Fury vs Victory - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fury vs Victory

I test rode a Victory this weekend. It was a very nice looking 100 ci v-twin. I think it was called a Vegas 8 Ball. I actually went to test ride one of those Triumph Rockets, but they did not have one available for test rides, and the Victory really caught my eye, so I thought, "Why not?". The first thing I noticed was that I felt all scrunched up as compared to the Fury and I haven't even put on any after market foward controls on my bike. The second and most important thing I noticed was the power. Didn't seem much different than the Fury. I expected this bike to really throw me back when I twisted that throttle since it's 20 cubic inches, or over 300 cc larger than the Fury.

I'm not knocking the Victory, but I'll keep my Fury. The Victory is a nice looking bike, but the Fury is more comfortable and I don't know, or care what it says on paper about the horse power, but I rode it, and it doesn't have much more power than the Fury......and believe me, I twisted that throttle all the way to make sure.

Last edited by Steveo; 10-11-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Steveo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
I test rode a Victory this weekend. It was a very nice looking 100 ci v-twin. I actually went to test ride one of those Triumph Rockets, but they did not have one available for test rides, and the Victory really caught my eye, so I thought, "Why not?". The first thing I noticed was that I felt all scrunched up as compared to the Fury and I haven't even put on any after market foward controls on my bike. The second and most important thing I noticed was the power. Didn't seem much different than the Fury. I expected this bike to really throw me back when I twisted that throttle since it's 20 cubic inches, or over 300 cc larger than the Fury.

I'm not knocking the Victory, but I'll keep my Fury. The Victory is a nice looking bike, but the Fury is more comfortable and I don't know, or care what it says on paper about the horse power, but I rode it, and it doesn't have much more power than the Fury......and believe me, I twisted that throttle all the way to make sure.
Yes, that agrees with my perception, based on a short bike-swap ride that I did on my buddy's Victory last year; I really expected more. And, I agree, it felt "scrunched".

Cheers
Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

I like the way that particular victory looks and I think they did a great job on it but in the end I just love the total package the fury offers.
Snuffdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffdog76 View Post
I like the way that particular victory looks and I think they did a great job on it but in the end I just love the total package the fury offers.
They did do a great job on it, and if the Fury didn't exist, I may be riding a Victory. Again, I'm not knocking the Victory. I was just making a side by side comparison.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

They let you sit on a Rocket?
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
They let you sit on a Rocket?
Oh yeah. They had one there, just not one to test ride. That thing is flippin' huge! What's it got, like a seven gallon gas tank I think...nope, just looked it up....6.3 gallons. The guy said there's nothing it can't outrun, other than a big sport bike of course. With a 2300 cc three cyclinder, I'm sure he's correct.

He said he would give me the same deal for it as he was going to do for the Victory. He would let me have the Rocket III for $7,000.00, giving me $8,000.00 for my Fury. Hopefully, they'll get another Rocket in so I can test ride one soon...not that I want to trade my Fury, but I do want to ride the Rocket to see what a 2300 cc will do.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Oh yeah. They had one there, just not one to test ride. That thing is flippin' huge! What's it got, like a seven gallon gas tank I think...nope, just looked it up....6.3 gallons. The guy said there's nothing it can't outrun, other than a big sport bike of course. With a 2300 cc three cyclinder, I'm sure he's correct.

He said he would give me the same deal for it as he was going to do for the Victory. He would let me have the Rocket III for $7,000.00, giving me $8,000.00 for my Fury. Hopefully, they'll get another Rocket in so I can test ride one soon...not that I want to trade my Fury, but I do want to ride the Rocket to see what a 2300 cc will do.
You get on that thing on the road and hyou won't want to get off!
woodenhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhorse View Post
You get on that thing on the road and hyou won't want to get off!
Have you ridden one?
Old 10-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

I tested the Raider and initially felt the same way compared to the Fury... I was surprised by how mild the power difference felt. Granted, it was there, but I was expecting to feel a *huge* difference.

I think it's because the Victory and the Raider use a belt system and the power comes on smoother, vs. the jolt of the shaft drive, which give you more of a kick in the seat of the pants and the *appearance* of more power than it has.
Reaper theme paint by Painter, Sweeping Beater Apes by BR Custom, DNA/Ridewright Fat-spoke wheels, Dakota Digital speedo, Cobra Swept exhaust, Thunder MFG adapter, D2Moto Chrome Spike, C&C solo Tribal Flame seat, 8 deg trees & 3" extensions, Kury Chrome Engine Covers, Accutronix side plate mount, Irate grill, Demons Cycle LED mirrors, Chrome Glow LED rear signal, Cobra Fi2000, Barnett Platinum cables, Billet Spike grips/pegs...
djconroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Richard1

They are nice looking bikes. I particularly like the loud clanking noise when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. You can hear'em a quarter mile away.

Judge, Jury & Bulldozer
Richard1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement