Sabre anyone? - Page 2 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Cool

I really like the Sabre; was going to buy a new one this past summer until ........ my Craigslist surfing uncovered a helluva deal on a used 2010 Fury with 400 miles!!! Actually, I found the Sabre to be a little more comfortable than the Fury.

Oh well ..... as Mick said "you can't always get what you want but then sometimes, you get what you need".
Gaterzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Focused View Post
I wonder if other parts are interchangable.

I was planning on pulling my Fury's side covers off and painting them black, but if the Saber's side covers are already color matched, they fit the Fury (and they're cheap enough) it might make sense to swap them like Clint is thinking on the tires.

Clint, I'll try to stop by my local dealer on the way home and ask.
They fit but they retail for about $94 EACH.
Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Z View Post
Just wondering if anybody else has a Honda Sabre. I picked one up this past October, and absolutely love it. I imagine most of the Fury aftermarket products will fit the Sabre. Was wondering if the Fury rear wheel would mount up to my Sabre? The Sabre rear wheel is 15" whereas the Fury is 18". Thanks for any info.
The new sabre is a hell of a nice bike my 2nd choice before the fury- Enjoy & welcome to the forum!
joe445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

I just want the saber front wheel, chromed
ogwutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

RSS, thanks...I did just that today and they do fit.

Clueless...I found that out too. I told him to order them and when he told me the price, I went to an auto store for some paint...Ha!

Clint - my local dealer feels that the larger Fury tire will transfer to the Sabre without a problem. However, he was saying that from eyeballing it, not actually trying it on. I guess that leaves you right where you were, sorry I couldn't get more info for you. Either way, good luck!
Stay Focused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogwutang View Post
I just want the saber front wheel, chromed
They both use the same axle, brake caliper, caliper mount, rotor and fender, should be a simple bolt on, just need new spacers. The wheel is only $575, plus chrome. (HDL price http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp )
Old 01-07-2011, 03:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

My plans were to send my stock wheel off to kosman, but I think for the money it would be easier to just buy a stock fury rear wheel. I think my Sabre rear wheel is 5" or 5.5" wide, so I think that would help fill the fender a bit. Will do a fat tire kit one day, but I need to get some power out of this thing first. I'll try to post pictures when I find my camera.
Clint Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
They both use the same axle, brake caliper, caliper mount, rotor and fender, should be a simple bolt on, just need new spacers. The wheel is only $575, plus chrome. (HDL price http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp )
Clueless do you have both the Sabre & Fury?? If you do you would be doing a lot of sabre guys (and myself) if you could try your fury rear wheel figment to the Sabre.
2Dirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dirty View Post
Clueless do you have both the Sabre & Fury?? If you do you would be doing a lot of sabre guys (and myself) if you could try your fury rear wheel figment to the Sabre.
I have an Interstate, traded the Fury for it last Dec. measuring the Interstate frame, the Fury wheel tire will not fit , there is only about 8mm clearance on the right side, and 2x that on the left.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Exclamation

I have a Fury and a Sabre. The Fury rear wheel WILL NOT fit on a Sabre.

The Sabre swingarm does not allow clearance for the tire on the right side. You would have to put a Fury swingarm on a Sabre which nobody has ever done.
86 Intruder; 79 XS650; 11 Fury #776 Freedom is life behind bars.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

OBSIDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement