Sabre anyone? - Page 3 - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSIDIAN View Post
I have a Fury and a Sabre. The Fury rear wheel WILL NOT fit on a Sabre.

The Sabre swingarm does not allow clearance for the tire on the right side. You would have to put a Fury swingarm on a Sabre which nobody has ever done.
Sounds like a plan. Maybe I might try that in spring. I would be happy to pop a 200mm tire on my wheel and use the fury swingarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2Dirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dirty View Post
Sounds like a plan. Maybe I might try that in spring. I would be happy to pop a 200mm tire on my wheel and use the fury swingarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I know where there is one for sale
Clueless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default Sabre w/ Fury rear wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSIDIAN View Post
I have a Fury and a Sabre. The Fury rear wheel WILL NOT fit on a Sabre.

The Sabre swingarm does not allow clearance for the tire on the right side. You would have to put a Fury swingarm on a Sabre which nobody has ever done.
I know kind of late reply, but just saw original post.....

I'm currently working on this mod, while I don't have exact measurements yet nor have I put Fury wheel/tire up to Sabre yet, I agree with OBSIDIAN... Sabre swing arm will not allow clearance. It will need a small "tweak". Looking @ Fury wheel w/tire, the edge of the tire (width) is in line with brake disc mount surface. On the Sabre, follow line from rear disc to front inner right side of swing arm, there is small area that looks like will be interference.

Thinking it might be easier to modify Sabre swing arm. Not sure how Fury's alignment is.. Are Sabre & Fury frames the same in swing arm mount area ?

But what appears to be a bigger issue is the sub-frame. It will also require modification. Width of Fury tire is about 7-7/8". The Sabre sub-frame measures about 7-1/2" at then narrowest inner section (area where sub-frame mounts to main frame) and about 7-5/8" remainder of inner section. The outer section of the sub-frame is 9-1/2". So I'm planning to cut out the inner section of the frame tube and then reinforcing outer section by adding 3/16" plating, attaching at main frame as well. Overall cross section area of each frame arm will be same (or slightly more), just solid instead of tubing. Similar to T-Mod's "Sumo T-Mod", but keeping outer section of original frame rail to weld new support to. Will also do T-Mod at same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Sabre anyone?-image.jpg  
Derwud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwud View Post
I know kind of late reply, but just saw original post.....

I'm currently working on this mod, while I don't have exact measurements yet nor have I put Fury wheel/tire up to Sabre yet, I agree with OBSIDIAN... Sabre swing arm will not allow clearance. It will need a small "tweak". Looking @ Fury wheel w/tire, the edge of the tire (width) is in line with brake disc mount surface. On the Sabre, follow line from rear disc to front inner right side of swing arm, there is small area that looks like will be interference.

Thinking it might be easier to modify Sabre swing arm. Not sure how Fury's alignment is.. Are Sabre & Fury frames the same in swing arm mount area ?

But what appears to be a bigger issue is the sub-frame. It will also require modification. Width of Fury tire is about 7-7/8". The Sabre sub-frame measures about 7-1/2" at then narrowest inner section (area where sub-frame mounts to main frame) and about 7-5/8" remainder of inner section. The outer section of the sub-frame is 9-1/2". So I'm planning to cut out the inner section of the frame tube and then reinforcing outer section by adding 3/16" plating, attaching at main frame as well. Overall cross section area of each frame arm will be same (or slightly more), just solid instead of tubing. Similar to T-Mod's "Sumo T-Mod", but keeping outer section of original frame rail to weld new support to. Will also do T-Mod at same time.
there are a couple of Sabre swingarms on eBay right now,couple are pretty cheap.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Default Sabre anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
there are a couple of Sabre swingarms on eBay right now,couple are pretty cheap.
Thanks Clueless. I'll check them out. I also sent you a PM about your Fury arm (incase you haven't seen it yet.)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks Clueless. I'll check them out. I also sent you a PM about your Fury arm (incase you haven't seen it yet.)

saw it, thought I replied don't have it anymore.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:

Derwud, how are things going with the Sabre wheel mod? Just saw your recent posts. I read somewhere that they ground that area of the swing arm and another place where someone used a bottle jack to spread the subframe a little. Sounds like a fury wheel & 200 mm tire may be doable for less that $600. (Cost of rear tire & wheel). Keep us informed your progress!

Thanks AJ
2Dirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Default Sabre anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dirty View Post
Derwud, how are things going with the Sabre wheel mod? Just saw your recent posts. I read somewhere that they ground that area of the swing arm and another place where someone used a bottle jack to spread the subframe a little. Sounds like a fury wheel & 200 mm tire may be doable for less that $600. (Cost of rear tire & wheel). Keep us informed your progress!

Thanks AJ
It's going sloooow.... Been too busy with this "stuff" called work, thru the end of the month too. Waiting on a few items, planning to get back on it later this month. $600 is very possible, depends mostly on wheels. I'm planning to "tweak" swing arm by cut out & plate inner section to provide clearance. Will post some pics once underway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement