Cool airbrush effect! - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum

» Insurance
» Honda Fury Prices
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cool airbrush effect!

Was working on a helmet for a guy and he wanted keep the helmet black white and silver with some skulls, a celtic symbol, some smoke/flame effect, reptile skin, etc... What threw me was reptile skin! He said not snake skin because he hates snakes and not alligator or dragon, but some type of alien/ reptile/bumpy skin... I've used sport bag mesh before for snake skin and have patters for alligator skin, dragon skin, etc..., but this made me think.

I asked my fiance if she had any type of see-threw stretchy material. She plunder through her clothes, the back room and then the kitchen. She ended up handing me a Turkey stuffing bag!!!???? I saw that it had to be cut so it would lay flat, but when I starting pulling it tight it made a cool pattern! I've been airbrushing for about 15 years and never thought of this age old Thanksgiving cooking item! Go figure...

Attached is a pic of the turkey bag after use, but if you check out my link below you can see the effect on the helmet as well as the finish piece.

E
Attached Thumbnails
Cool airbrush effect!-100_3077.jpg  
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Easy, you never cease to amaze me! I've used all sorts of household items to get a 'look' but NEVER a turkey bag!!!
Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey Easy your work looks AWESOME brother!
diesel747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

It is because, I am presuming... You don't cook much... Just saying.

Oh, hope you told your wife thank you...

She is your muse...

Proving the "bell" doesn't work 1 mile at a time since June 22nd 2009... 36k miles so far...
March 2010 FOTM<<<
RedspawnSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

now that done on a blue metallic set of tins in white ... Hmmmmm
CBSIMONSEZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

They do make a cool effect. You should try using dryer lint sheets, tack rags, cotton balls for smoke and cloud effects, scotch brites pads that are torn up, rubbergrip pads that are used in toolboxes make an awesome carbon fiber effect, those plastic mesh yarn deals that have all the plastic squares, you can also step on the airhose and your airbrush will create a nice stipple effect learned that the hardway lol, and one of my favorites when I use Waterborne paint is a wrinkled up piece of plastic wrap and just dab it about. They all make different effects but all are very cool. Your helmet looks good! Great use of the technique. I really like the skull in the triangle on the rear of the helmet.

Last edited by Rufio002; 02-12-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Rufio002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio002 View Post
They do make a cool effect. You should try using dryer lint sheets, tack rags, cotton balls for smoke and cloud effects, scotch brites pads that are torn up, rubbergrip pads that are used in toolboxes make an awesome carbon fiber effect, those plastic mesh yarn deals that have all the plastic squares, you can also step on the airhose and your airbrush will create a nice stipple effect learned that the hardway lol, and one of my favorites when I use Waterborne paint is a wrinkled up piece of plastic wrap and just dab it about. They all make different effects but all are very cool. Your helmet looks good! Great use of the technique.
See, that is what I like... a professional opinion of the matter.. thanks

Proving the "bell" doesn't work 1 mile at a time since June 22nd 2009... 36k miles so far...
March 2010 FOTM<<<
RedspawnSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
See, that is what I like... a professional opinion of the matter.. thanks
I am far from professional. I just thought I would throw out a little of what I have used in the past, in case anyone needs to create some texture or cool effects in the future. I think it is way cool that Easy E is giving out advice that most people keep tightly to themselves.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I saw your site for the first time. You do some outstanding work! Most of the custom paints jobs I see aren't my style. If I ever find a pot of gold, I am coming to you... or painter, maybe both.
Toadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement