Honda Fury Forums: banner

FSD Exhaust questions

9K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  siciliano 
#1 ·
Question to guys and girls with FSD 3D 2 into 1 Exhaust.

1. Does it burns you leg or may be just getting too hot on the long traffic light?
2. How is the chrome quality. Any rust or chrome peeling?

I'm seriously considering this exhaust, but have couple of concerns.
Thanks for input!

#2 ·
So I cant speak to the burning leg quesiton; But there is a guy who works near me, I see the bike everyday, and it's had that FSD exhaust for well over a year and the chrome looks fantastic on it still. Actually looks better than some of the stock chrome on the bike. Stopped and tried ot find him a couple times with no luck but the pipe itself looks great. It does look like it sticks out a good deal to me though...just my .02

#4 ·
They do get warm, but I haven't burned myself on them yet. Hard to say for sure though as it relates to you, because I have long legs and 3" forwards. I had some minor chrome defects on my first set, but Frankie exchanged them and the second set was beautiful. I highly recommend them. Completely changed the bike. Love em.

#12 ·
Can't believe no one else has any input on the FSD's. They're amazing pipes. Total show quality and they sound great. They have heat shields and I think the only way you could scrape them would be to fall over. My only regret is that I waited so long to get them.

#15 ·
Sorry guys, just saw this thread. My FSD exhaust is without a doubt one of the best mods that I have done. It sounds amazing and the chrome quality is superb. Looks like the day I bought it and I have had it for almost two years now. On sharp right turns (with the air ride slammed down) I have scraped the bottom side. Can't see it since it is underneath, but this rarely happens. A lot of other great exhaust choices, but I am bias based on how good I feel the quality of this exhaust is. Plus, the compliments make it nice as well.

#25 ·
I am currently saving for....hoping to order a set of those this winter. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them when Steve first posted the pictures.

One question, I cant tell from the pictures how low the end is, do you ever scrape the pipe ?

#26 ·
Unfortunately I cannot tell as I never actually rode the bike after I installed these pipes. I'm almost immediately went to the hospital for the open hear surgery, and now I'm recovering.

Someone else on this forum has same pipes and from what I know there was no complains.

#27 ·
Oh, Damn.... well hope you recover well and quickly!

#30 ·
Man, I was on hiatus when this thread came out, or I would've given my input. I do like the FSDs, Early on had a few minor issues with them, but Frankie is an awesome dude, always willing to help. I do scrape in some right hand turns, but not very often. They look great, and sound great.

That being said, I think you made the right choice!!!! Those STGs are fucking beautiful pipes, and at some point, I will either upgrade to those or have Steve build me a custom (but similar) set!!

#31 ·
Just a heads up Evo; Had pretty much the same ones on mine and just barley manged to touch the tip one day avoiding another vehicle...but that was a pretty extreme lean that would never occur normally. Damn near went over on me. You shouldn't have any issues clearance wise.

#38 ·
FSD 3D 2 into 1 Exhaust

I have done quite a bit of research on these FSD pipes and I have decided to put them on my 2013 Honda Sabre..I'm getting the all chrome pipes..
If anybody has additional thoughts/complaints, please let me know here on this Forum..

MERRY CHRISTMAS to All My Biker Brother and Sisters out there :flamebike::flamebike:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.