Honda Fury Forums: banner

recall notice.

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Furious_Nap 
#1 ·
did anyone else get the recall notice I received today that claims the starter magnetic switch might not have been sealed properly which may cause an interruption of the electrical system that can cause the bike not to start or stall while riding and also may cause the starter relay switch to catch on fire? no big deal for me since I gotta take it in for the 600 mile service anyway. they also calimed it is on the 2013 thru 2016 models. yes, they said 2016 models. they also said if you have already experienced this that you can be reimbursed for it of course.

#8 ·
Recall status: Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available

Here is what Mother Honda had to say to me when I gave her my VIN #:

Model: Fury

Number of Open Recalls: 1

Last Updated: Sep 01, 2015

NHTSA recall Number: AWAITING#

Campaign Description: STARTER MAGNETIC SWITCH RECALL

mfr campaign id: JS9

recall date: 07/01/2015

recall status: Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available.

Summary:

AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. (HONDA) IS RECALLING CERTAIN 2013-2016 MOTORCYCLES. DURING ASSEMBLY OF THE STARTER RELAY SWITCH, SEALANT MAY HAVE BEEN APPLIED INCORRECTLY WHICH COULD INCREASE RESISTANCE ACROSS THE MAIN FUSE, POTENTIALLY INTERRUPTING THE MOTORCYCLE'S BATTERY VOLTAGE TO THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM.

SAFETY RISK:

AN INTERRUPTION OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEM BATTERY VOLTAGE COULD CAUSE THE ENGINE TO A) NOT START OR B) STALL WHILE RIDING. IN AN EXTREME CASE, THE INCREASED RESISTANCE AT THE MAIN FUSE COULD CAUSE THE STARTER RELAY SWITCH TO CATCH ON FIRE.

REMEDY:

HONDA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE LOT NUMBER OF THE STARTER RELAY SWITCH AND REPLACE IF NECESSARY. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA MOTORCYCLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-866-784-1870. HONDA'S RECALL NUMBER FOR THIS RECALL IS JS9.

#6 ·
I just checked for my 2013 and there are no recalls for my VIN.
Maybe just luck which batch of parts you got.

#17 ·
So I called HONDA and gave them my VIN, my bike isn't part of the recall.

The thing is, my bike stalled on me twice while riding...So I asked them if the cause of the stalling would be the relay, would they cover it with the recall and he kept going around the question and not answer it.
That bugs me.
Any case, hopefully its nothing, I'm due for my 8k mile service soon, so I'll get that checked out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.