Honda Fury Forums: banner

Airhawk 2 Motorcycle Medium Seat Pad

7K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  AV8R 
#1 ·
I was in the local Honda dealer today looking for a gel pad for my seat. They told me the Airhawk seat pad is by far more comfortable than a gel. I know these are pads that go on top of your seat, but if I only used it for long rides, it wouldn’t be too big of a deal. I would also think that it would be possible to insert it into the seat with a little effort. This pad runs around $90.

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought my on the cruiser customizing website for $99. AND I LOVE IT!!! Best money spent...I ride one hour each way to/from work and have ridden to Northeast PA and back (700 miles roundtrip). Before, with the stock seat, lets just say that one hour to one and one-half hours would require a definite stop...I went five hours (with one 15 minute stop for gas and 'leak check') and felt great at the end of the ride. Still have a custom seat on order and will use it, but LOVE this product!

#5 ·
Thanks for the review LUVMYFURY. Do you remember what size you purchased?

I sat on one in the store and it felt pretty good, but everything feels good at first. I would love to be able to go out and ride 3-4 hours and not be cursing the seat.

#7 ·
Airhawk 2 Medium Cruiser seat. I'm 6'0" and about 220lbs...they tell you to remove all but the smallest amount of air. I did that, drove it around and still had a few hard points, so put a little more in and for me, it was AWESOME!

I've ridden on gel and aircraft foam seats, and all but the most custom (and top dollar) seats were good, but not as comfortable (and adjustable) as this.

It isn't great for looks, but when I wanna short cruise/bar hop, I can leave it off...but for comfort, I haven't found anything better.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
#12 ·
Richard, the only negative I have heard about them is that they make you sit higher on the seat. Probably not a big deal, but think you will notice the difference. Luv can probably address this in detail. I purchased the ceramic beaded seat pad and it is wonderful on trips. Doesn't look great, but does work well, and I take it off when riding local. Keeps the air flowing under your ass even on hot days. I have even cut a small piece of bed memory foam to place under the beads for more cushion. Love it. I have heard nothing but good things about the Air-Hawk, so will be anxious to get your feed-back. Good luck...

Bead Rider.com

Product Font Metal Chain

#11 ·
Funny how some OEM seat could have this small bladder to fill for long rides right from the factory, HONDA MARKETING:p

Looks comfy I will need to see how thick its is

I bought a rear pad for my Wife and I think its a waste of 48.00 We will see she cant stand the tiny pillion!:confused:

#13 ·
I picked this one up today. This style seemed to fit the lines of the Fury seat better than the medium sized cut/style. This one is 18” x 12”. I did about 75 miles today almost all highways. First impressions, I noticed that I am obviously sitting an inch or so higher. Felt more comfortable with the stock pegs by having that little extra room. The air travels thru chambers and if you’re not careful, you put a little too much pressure on your boys if you know what I mean. The support and weight distribution was fantastic. I really felt like I could ride all day with this pad. My biggest concern is that now that I ordered the Accutonix 3” forward controls, it may be a stretch to brake and shift. My thought was to get the Low & Mean seat pan which would sit a little lower and work together with this pad. If that does not work, I would consider getting the “standard” forward controls. I paid $89 thru my Honda dealer and would say that it is worth the money.

#17 ·
Richard, Can you keep us updated. I want to know if this works with the LM seat pan. I am just not liking the gap between my fender and seat. And no one has come up with a better seat than stock for the sumo.:confused::rolleyes:
I am thinking about doing this. I like the look of Billy's seat.

#19 ·
Richard,is that one model specific? Or do they just come in diffrent sizes? The one I had for the Wing was made for it. They do raise you up a little in the saddel,but I allways started out with a little too much air in it,and decreased it as I rode. I noticed that I prefered diffrent amounts of air in it,under diffrent road conditions. Ron

#21 ·

No it is not model specific. My Honda dealer had the “Medium” and the “18”x12”” pads in stock. I tried them both and felt that the 18”x12” conformed to the seat a little better and would be the best option. It’s personal opinion, so some may like the “Medium” style/size better.

#22 ·
I talked to Al @ Bikes2NV a couple of times about this. I would like to go to the Low & Mean seat pan because it is lower and looks better in my opinion. Problem is that since I have the Sumo-X kit, the pan doesn’t fit right. Therefore my options are limited at this point. Ultimately I want the L&M seat pan and then use the AirHawk pad when I plan on riding for several hours.

#24 ·
Update

As I mentioned in another thread, my biggest concern was combining the AirHawk pad with the Accutronix 3” forward controls. My concern was that it would be too difficult to reach the shifter and brake. I did about 70 miles today and had no problems. My inseam is 33-34” and I had to reach just a tad to shift and brake but it was well worth it. I still feel that I could ride all day with the AirHawk pad. The only negative I see is that when you get off the bike you either leave it sitting on the seat or take it with you. I made several stops and just left it there. For those that want to go out and cruise 50+ miles, I rate this product an “A”.

#25 ·
Sorry Richard but it was raining heavily friday when I left and the weather called for rain all day so I didn't take my bike. 2 of my buddies ended up riding and both regreted it once they got down there. I don't mind a little rain but it was a coming down hard most of the day and with no windshield I can't do that. I'll try to give a review after I can find some time to use on a longer ride.

#26 · (Edited)
Richard and others, sorry I've been late to respond...this little thing called "work" has gotten in the way! Anyway, being 6'0" and 31/32" inseam, I wanted the three inch forwards from dLX, but have decided to hold off and wait for a "custom...M...cough...F...cough...R" set of 1" forwards...whenever he can work them in.

Yes I sit higher on long trips, and for work I travel between one and three hours a day regularly, so I use the air hawk 2. I still love it. I also have a L&M seat pan that is getting built up...as soon as I can get home from my current job to send it in! I dont think the 1 inch forwards will affect my drive that much, but the three inch forwards will.

Edit: when on short trips, I leave the Airhawk off. On longer trips (and overnight stays) I take the cushion off the bike. I have found thatnthe retaining straps don't really do much other than prevent the seat pad from falling off at a gas station etc.

I also love my Kury Flaming switchblade foot pegs and don't wanna loose them with other Footpegs. I have heard from MfR that I can still run my Kurys with his forwards no problem. So I will happily wait until he has a set available (in Black, the only color for me).

Back to the point of the thread, I love that air hawk 2 pad and wouldnt trade it for any thing on rides longer than two hours with or without forwards.

I will buy the " other" forwards whenevr they are available, because th

#28 ·
Richard, are you still liking your seat cushion. I'm looking into purchasing one as well. I noticed you mentioned you got the one that was 18"×12". On Revzillas website I see the air hawk 2 their appear to be 2 sizes medium & small. The small according to revzilla is 17"×12" is that the one you purchased? If so you still like it and feel you got the right size for the fury? I would love to hear back from you. Thanks

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.