Honda Fury Forums: banner

Adviced dont get a Fury

21K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  PyroFury 
#1 ·
Has any one here, has ever been told "don't get a Fury" .

Before I purchased my Fury I had told a few people" that ride "(crusiers ),that I really like the fury, most of them told me not to get one , there reasons was that it was underpowered, and that it has plastic parts,and was hard to steer in small spaces ,off course I didn't listen to them,since I have one in a warm garage and although I have yet to ride mine ,I love the look off the bike ,I am happy with the purchase . In my opionion its will be a timeless beauty ,don't get me wrong I did allot of research on the fury ,and other bikes ,my budget was 15.000 so I had a pretty big selection of bikes to chose from but the ONLY bike that beckoned me was this bike;
i had looked at the star raider , the Suzuki m109 .the victory gunner , the indian scout , the Harley Davidson slim.. only one of them caught my attention, and even that one , took 2nd place next to the fury
so it doesn't matter to me if its underpowered I rode superbikes like the hayausa ,the r1 to name a few ,so power isn't what I has after ,as far the plastic , it doesnt bother me not one bit .,so in the end I didn't take anyones advicse , "not that I had asked for it" , all I did was say I liked the fury .
by the way one of the riders ride a Harley fatboy , one rides a m109 ,one rides a Goldwing and one rides a victory ,asfor my 2nd choice it was the star raider ,but it looked too much like a Harley , the Fury looks like no other bike its unique.
so have anyone here ever been told don't get a Fury

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think it is underpowered, but I do think a lot of it's potential was choked out of it. The ECM re-flash is simply amazing. Free HP and torque. To be fair it does have plastic on it. To me, big fucking deal. It's lighter than chrome on steel, more power. The wheelbase IS long. But not radically long when compared to some you listed. It is VERY stable ride, maneuverable, lighter than most others you listed.

For me, I didn't ask anyone before I bought. Mostly because it's me paying and riding, I did what I wanted.

#3 ·
I do not think the bike is underpowered from the factory. But Honda did take a lot of its potential away before offering it to the masses. Fortunately for us, once you reflash the ECU, change the intake, change the exhaust, and get the fuel/air mixture correct; you have a bike few vehicles will touch ... up to about 130mph.
And you are correct, nothing catches the eye like the Fury. I've looked at a lot of bikes, all different makes, and my eyes keep coming back to my Fury. It is unique.

#4 ·
I haven't been able to ride the bike since its winter ,so I cant judge for myself it is underpowered or not, but as I said I would not care I dint by it for power , its a crusier,but I am going to get it reflashed and the main reason for the reflash is because I am planning on getting an air intake system and some exhaust, not because I want more power, (although more power isn't a bad thing).

#6 ·
I didn't find it to be underpowered when it was stock. though I must say I don't care for riding over 100 miles an hour. for that matter I usually don't do over 75. but I have owned all the big powered bikes m 109, several (4) 1800 vtx, and I now have a Kawasaki voyager (2012) and a royal star tour deluxe, and I just sold my 1999 Valkyrie. I would rather ride my fury than any of them. I think it handles better (and they all handle well). I don't find it hard to turn in a tight place at all personally. hell the first time I rode it it took off from a stand still like no bodys business. I had mine reflashed and air intake with custom exhaust and now the damn thing runs like a scalded dog. I cant see whats not to like about this bike. and I agree with kbuskill in that you should ride it stock awhile so you cn tell what you got when you have it reflashed. and if you are smart that's what you should do one day. jmho.

#9 ·
hmmm no one every said don't get a fury, my dad who has ridden bikes all his life took me to get it. its got plenty of power and for its weight its very well balanced. the front end for me was a little weird at first but still no big deal. personally if you all about speed and power should one really by a cruiser anyways. I just got an r6 because it can do things my fury can't but I still have my fury for when I want to kick back and do some distance riding.

#10 ·
I can say it can take a hit and keep on going. I laid mine down at 40mph and I picked it back up and kept going all that got damaged was the lower brake control bent and broke the head light, then last September I was heading to Texas from south Carolina and half way through Alabama I hit a storm and laying it down again on a major truck route picked it up and rode to nearest gas station again bent brake control and a dented fuel tank but bent the brake control and kept riding to Texas then all the way back with no mechanical problems, I love my fury wouldn't trade her for anything

#13 ·
I had a couple of biker friends say "you'll never get round the mini roundabouts at the end of your road!", now this did cause me a little concern if I'm honest. :D I got one anyway, thinking I've seen articulated lorries get round them so it can't be that bad!! My wife also said "I didn't think you wanted another big bike?!" I think the Fury sits nicely next something else, not sure I'd use one every day. Mine sits next to a CRF250L (daily rider) but it's nice to have the Fury there for those mornings when you need to be a little...Furious! :D

Reactions: huskamute1
#14 ·
Has any one here, has ever been told "don't get a Fury" .
I wonder if any of those people who told you not to get one ever rode one? I'd say not. I was told after I got the Fury by opinionated riders that it was just a bar hopper and one jackass said, "Have fun riding around town 'cause that's all it's good for."

No, it's not a touring bike, but I've ridden it on a thousand mile round trip with no problems at all. I know others on here who have ridden their Fury's all over the U.S. It's a great bike for whatever you want to do with it.

#24 ·
Audēns_BlueJ;1267786 said:
Wait a second....... where and who got you to venture outside of city limits?:confuzed::3ek:
First time I'd ever been on a ride with more than two or three bikes. 12 of us headed down to Dallas and then meandered up through Oklahoma City and took some back roads here and there. Broke the trip up into 3 days. It was fun. The look on kids faces when all of us roared by them. Would love to do it again....only different destination. Dallas sucks when you're trying to keep 12 bikes together. LOL

#28 ·
Audēns_BlueJ;1267786 said:
Wait a second....... where and who got you to venture outside of city limits?:confuzed::3ek:
Answer.... Dallas AND 11 Harleys.

So now we know it takes 11 Harleys to drag 1 Fury out of Kansas... Lol

That would be an 11:1 ratio in favor of the Fury... I wonder how many it would have taken if he had the reflash???

#29 ·
Quick calculation. Flash gives you 20 % more HP. 11 HD's + 20 % = 13.2 HD's :wink:

Reactions: Kbuskill
#41 ·
never thought of it that way ,but it does make sense , it is a hot ass bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.