Honda Fury Forums: banner

Spike pegs

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Tknj99 
#1 ·
Do you think these will work on my Fury

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#9 ·
Any issues with foot slippage on the road?
Do the front still fold via the spring tension like the stock pegs?
Any issues with the rears falling down or do they stay fixed in place when folded up?

If possible could you point me to a link for the minis you used on the rear - thanks

#11 ·
Looks good! I see you have a Red as well so it matches well.. I have black spikes for hand grips and wasn't sure if I should go for black spike pegs but I'm liking the look of the chrome.
Not sure if this applies but I read some reviews about the spike end cap coming loose and recommendations to use loctite to prevent that (see link below)

Amazon

#12 ·
Looks good! I see you have a Red as well so it matches well.. I have black spikes for hand grips and wasn't sure if I should go for black spike pegs but I'm liking the look of the chrome.

Not sure if this applies but I read some reviews about the spike end cap coming loose and recommendations to use loctite to prevent that (see link below)

Amazon

Thanks ill keep an eye on them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
So the pegs came in the mail today and I tried to install. The front ones went on fine, mind you without the ability to reuse the existing springs but that's ok. The rears went on but the clearance was not enough to allow them to fully open, so they lay down about 3/4 way as compared to stock rears...
Also both fronts and rears are the same size and measure about 4 1/4 inches once installed, with 3 1/2" usable for foot space - this amounts to being slightly shorter foot area (about 1/4 inch less as compared to stock)
Questions for you guys that have them:
Is this the same thing you guys experienced with the rears not laying down fully?
Did I get the right front pegs as mine seem a bit short

These were what I ordered from jet.com:
Krator® Front Spike Chrome Foot Pegs Motorcycle Footrests For Honda RVT1000R RC51 2000-2006

Krator® Rear Spike Chrome Foot Pegs Motorcycle Footrests For Honda CB1000 1994-1995

Thanks

Attachments

#17 ·
Update for those interested in these same pegs:
Did some research and it looks like the only 5 1/4" option for the fronts are a much more expensive peg set at approx $100 vs these front and rears that cost me $30 total.
For the rears you will need an angle grinder to grind it down until it sits at the correct angle. Took me approx 5-10 mins of stop and go grinding to get them right but now it's all on and done. One thing that was pretty annoying was the clutch side rear that I had to bend the retainer piece in order to get the pin out and the stock peg removed..
Lastly make sure you use some thread locker on the spike ends to keep them from getting loose and falling out.
The only thing left to figure out is how to keep them staying in the upright fixed position as they are a bit loose and want to fall down.
Any suggestions on that would be appreciated..

Attachments

#18 ·
Might want to look into a washer of two that will tighten up the fit. Spring spacers come with the Kuryakyn pegs I bought they may work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I was able to solve the problem with the rear pegs by inserting rubber washers between the peg and the mount. It's now nice and tight and stays locked upright or down.
I also replaced the stock pin with a hex bolt and nut.

#25 ·
So i've run with this chrome pegs for about a year now but feel the need to do something with the front pegs as they are just too short and thin.. kinda seems wimpy next to the rest of the bike, plus, if she were to tip over the peg would definitely not help ease the crunch.. These were about 3 1/2" inches of foot space.. im looking at the same look but closer to 6". I believe someone on here had retrofitted spike handgrips which i also have and are 6" long and 1.5" thick onto the footpeg. Im wondering how this was done..
If anyone knows of a way to do that or a better option, would appreciate to hear. I did find the chrome footpegs which are 5 3/4" and prog give another inch of foot room but they are close to $100 :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.