Honda Fury Forums: banner

S&!t you hear on a Fury

42K views 266 replies 77 participants last post by  835 
#1 ·
Another forum I joined many many bikes ago has a thread called "Shit you hear while riding", where people post some of the funny/dumb things they hear while they're out, well, riding. So why not have one here, could be fun right?

For example, I was once asked how I put a car motor in a bike frame, regarding my CB750 chopper, and was told "I had a Triumph just like that" about the same bike.

So far, in my limited time owning a Fury:

"NIce Harley
Its not a Harley
"Nice Big Dog then!"
Its a Honda
"Bullshit." (they walked off after that one)

#8 ·
Told to me in a McDonalds I rode my bike to:
"If I owned a bike like that, I would be stroking and sitting on it everyday."

Reactions: 460brevill
#11 ·
Last Saturday night I pulled up to a local bar with some bros. As we were backing in, another group was leaving. There was a guy standing in the parking lot, staring at the other group. As we shut our bikes off, the guy goes “Nice Fuckin' Honda! HAHAHAA!” I look over at him and he’s still looking at the other group, who were already on the street, riding off. I go “Thanks.” He looks over at me like a deer in headlights, high-beam eyeballs, “Whoa, THAT’S a Honda???” “Yep, I figured you were referring to this one, since those dudes can’t hear you. I don’t even think any of those were Hondas anyway.” Stupid look on his face. “Oh I was just havin’ a laugh. But this one IS nice though”. “Oh… Well…Thanks. Again.”

#16 ·
My best friend owns a Harley Night Rod V Rod. He lives on the other side of the state so we only get together maybe once a year. We always ride when we get the chance too, Every time he sees my bike he's in amazement on how much customization I've done to her. He's had a lot of issues with his V-Rod and continues to joke about buying a Honda! I told him he bought the wrong bike to customize... Virtually nothing you can do to one of those bikes to make it look or stand apart from other Vrods lol.

#22 ·
My previous bike was a Night Rod Special. I always had compliments every time I stopped. And they have a great engine, the best I've ever experienced, but yes... in 37,000 miles I had way too many issues, most of them being known problems by The Factory from the beginning of production. After 5 years, I'd had enough. Ridiculous.

Attachments

#29 ·
Yeah, the steering bearing just floors me. It's been that way since they started making them in 2002. You get water in there (washing, rain, etc) and within just a couple years the steering gets dangerous. You try to take apart a 3 year old steering head and it's a rusted piece of junk; just ugly in there.

Sounds like recall material, eh? No way, it's a Hardley. So, they just keep pushing them out the factory door that way, even to this day. Incredible.

#30 ·
i was asked who makes it,by some guy walking by my bike i said its Hondas version of a chopper. person replies back , that's not a chopper. so i replied , what is a chopper if this isn't one .he described evrythng my fury is , so i gave him a dirty look and said Dude you just described my bike . he walked away . i guess he felt stupid.

:m@d:

#35 ·
I met a dude at sturgis last year. He was on a custom build that he did himself. (Not very nice) He told me I should sell my bike and get a "real bike". He said Harley Davidson is the only bike to have... We were in a group and he turned to his friends and told them all the extra parts he brought on the trip in case he broke down. Said he brought extra plugs in case it fouled out. Extra coil, light bulbs, and a large tool set. I spoke up and told him that I ride a Honda so all I brought was my ignition key....
He got pissed, because all his buddies laughed...

#37 · (Edited)
He told me I should sell my bike and get a "real bike". He said Harley Davidson is the only bike to have... ...
LOL I get so sick of that obtuse paradigm. I would be surprised by this idiotic way of thinking, but it seems stupidity is a runaway disease these days.

If you like riding HD because you like it, fine, but if you're riding it because of the name and because it's "the only real bike", then you really make yourself look stupid.
I prefer Honda over all other bikes, but it's not the only real bike. There are several fine motorcycle manufactures out there, just as there are many fine car makers. It just depends on what you like. That's why there are other choices. If HD is the only bike to have, how are all the other bike manufacturers staying in business all these years?

By the way, I have a "real" truck. Chevrolet is the only truck to have. (How stupid.)

#36 ·
Yep, I'm pretty sure in an apocalyptic situation, a Honda or Yamaha or Kawasaki bike would be stolen before a H-D would.
Ha, I wonder how many H-D's would litter the wastelands due to their being "the only real bike."

#42 ·
Ha, I wonder how many H-D's would litter the wastelands due to their being "the only real bike."
By the way, I have a "real" truck. Chevrolet is the only truck to have. (How stupid.)
It does seem that HD owners tend to be Chevy owners as well. Decision making skills and all that...Guess you are just, different I suppose.

#39 ·
Went for a long ride today and got approached on two of the stops. On the first one the guy says as he's approaching me that he's "creaming in his pants".. after that awkward statement he continued with praise for the bike and astonishment that it was a Honda and how awesome it looked and sounded and how reliable it must be.
On the second stop, more of the same, but less "creaming" lol.. again amazement that it was a Honda and saying he thought it was one of those custom builds.
It was nice to get the compliments especially on the sound of the pipes as i just finished up the last modification to the baffles and got it to that sweet spot..

#43 · (Edited)
Im gonna throw it out there cuz I'm bored and feel like opening my mouth I suppose. Yes, MOST of the HD owners I know are reduced to pure duchbaggery upon buying/riding a harley. The idea that that somehow makes them better for being on a "real" bike". However, I feel as thought many forum members here and I have befriended one another over the years and I thank many of you for the assistance is helping me build a pretty bad ass "Honda Chopper". It came out great in my opinion, which happens to be the only one that matters. hehe...but guess what guys, You are all screwed now because right next to my gorgeous Fury is an equally bad ass 2016 Harley Street Glide. So you all now are in the presence of, and at least some of you are friends with, a Stupid, duche, cocky, better than you, "real" biker Harley owner! HA! But seriously thanks for all the help guys an gals and I promise I will not be one of "those guys". My Fury love runs deep. :)

Sorry for the thread jack there...yeah I love the "no F****** way that's a Honda" comment. Always makes me smile!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.