Honda Fury Forums: banner

LOW GAS LIGHT

8K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  captainfester 
#1 ·
has anyone tested how far they can go once the low gas light comes on? :eek:

#2 ·
Unless you have a friend following you with a gas can -- why push your luck?:p
I got 25+ miles after it came on. Since I didn't have a friend following me -- I didn't want to push it off the freeway. I am sure Mr. CHP would love to write a ticket for that... :)
T

#4 ·
I pushed my bike to 150 and I filled up with 2.9 Gallons. I guess I could have pushed it some more :D

#10 ·
The light comes on when you have 0.8 gal left in the tank. For me it's been lighting up right around 130 miles, some times it'll go as far as 140 before coming on. After doing the math, I figure I'm getting about 48-50 mpg, so in theory, I could go up to about 180 miles before running out of gas. Sounds good on paper, but I don't think I want to test it, personally. The longest I've gone on one tank was 155 miles, and put in 2.8 gal on refill.

#11 ·
Been anywhere from 105-115 miles for me...I've been averaging around 49mpg too; that being said I've put my "OMG where's the petro station brain meter" at 150 miles.

#13 ·
Yeah, me too! First two tanks lit the light right around the 90 mile mark, and took 2.6 gallons to refill.

I do an extended warm up and all my riding is around town so far but I'm only getting ~35mpg, and I read the reports of other riders getting up to 50mpg!

Maybe I need to stop blipping the throttle so much? :rolleyes:

#14 ·
Yea mine just hit 140 miles on the bike itself and my light just came on yesterday after riding 88miles HOPEFULLY after I break it in the mpg will improve! Also just started noticing a small ticking noise while I give it throttle :/

#25 ·
If Ur unsure what a loose tappet sounds like and u have clicking , consult a trusted mechanic ,or start a post on it !

I managed to verify my own with some great help from Fury Guru's , ended up adjusting 2 of them a little 0.002 on 1 0.001 on another , which is nothing really ,but I could so I did.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.