Honda Fury Forums: banner

Member Map

Tags
map
81K views 624 replies 372 participants last post by  Snakenem 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am attempting to map all of the current forum members. When you first click the link it is going to be a giant mess of avatars. If you zoom into your state level and below is when I was thinking this would be really useful.

Here is what we have so far.

Here is the info that I was hoping to map:
1) Member's general area, at least to the zip code level.
2) Good meet-up places
3) Points of interest you want to share
4) Event locations
5) Anything else involving the Fury that can be mapped. Vendors?

All you have to do is post your City, State & Zip and I'll put you up there. If any of the admins/MODs give me any instructions (like delete the whole thing) I will. I have no interest in compromising people's privacy, just thought it would be nice to see where everyone is.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them here or PM me. I'll see what I can do!

UPDATE For those of you in major metro areas, I may ping you for a cross-street or landmark to uncluster geographically close entries.

-Nate

UPDATE: CURRENT MAP LINK (click here)

See less See more
#4 ·
I agree. The map now shows right where I live, but not the actual address. I could just move it out to the main road. Close enough, right? And people could just send me the main cross street to where they live so we don't have 50 avatars piled on top of "Chicago". At least a major cross-road would split them up a bit.

Funny, Sea Dawg. That was "pre-WhiteFury"! You may get your wish. Any thoughts on how it should be done?

#9 ·
looks sweet... i like the idea if you are willing to keep up with it, more power to you.
There are only four THOUSAND members, how bad could it be? <please feel free to put that on my headstone>

Any other info you want to add in your entry? See how on mine is lists the city, state on the left? Do you like that or keep it just name/avatar on the list?

#8 ·
The only thing I see might be an issue is that once you get a bunch of folks on here the avatars overlap and you can't see too well, maybe use dots

Btw, put me down for

Kouts, Indiana 46347

#10 ·
The only thing I see might be an issue is that once you get a bunch of folks on here the avatars overlap and you can't see too well, maybe use dots
Oh, zoomed out the avatars are going to be a complete charlie-foxtrot. But, when you zoom in to see if anyone is close to South Beach, FL you will have their avatars, names & approx locations right there.

So, zoomed out = overwhelming and not useful. I'll admit that.

#19 ·
you can put me down for Thornton, CO 80602

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.