Honda Fury Forums: banner

Wrecked last Tuesday

3K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  Metalcutter42 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I wrecked last Tuesday. long story short... I got cut off, then the guy came to a near stop in front of me... between those two things it ate up my entire safety buffer. then to top it off, his position blocked me from seeing the sand in the road. If i got off the break i would have hit him so I stayed on....didn't go so well.
good news is my only real damage is a messed up shoulder...still need to see an ortho to find out how bad.
the other good news is the the bike is not bad. I must have sub-consciously made sure I went down on the left side to protect my STG pipes!
I am now trying to decide whether to fix it myself or to go through insurance. If I can get some or all of the following I may be able to keep the repair under the deductible;
stock headlight housing & bezel
left side turn signals

#2 ·
Very sorry to hear this. Hope your shoulder is ok. Glad it wasn't worse.

Tigger

#5 ·
I Thank God for taking care of you! Ouch sorry to hear of this happening, for sure the left side of the bike is cheaper to fix than the right side.
I've got the factory left side,front and back turn signals... the wires are cut short in them... they are in good shape...if it'll help you out let me know.
I Pray your shoulder heals completely.

#10 ·
:3ek: :3ek: :3ek:
Get well soon !

#12 ·
as I read the thread I thought I can send indicators, but you have had a lot closer offers than me, as long as your ok m8, the rest is just metal and plastic. >:)

#14 ·
After he stopped, did he get out of the car to make it easier for you to beat a new one through his body??

#20 ·
Hey man, thanks for asking.
Yeah, all things considered I got away pretty unscathed. the only lasting damage is my shoulder. MRI shows no tear but something is going on because it still hurts like crazy to move it much. My ortho appointment is tomorrow...yeah almost a month after the accident.

Oh, by the way. Tramadol sucks. Dr gave it to me for the pain, chose that because it is less addictive. What they never mentioned is it has horrible withdrawal symptoms that can last 3 weeks. I'm still on week one.

The bike is coming along, I will be stopping by the dealer on the way back from the Dr. tomorrow so will have more details then.

#25 ·
I've got a left turn signal. Send me a PM if you still need one. Glad your ok

#27 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes and offers for parts.
After figuring my out of pocket costs to just replace what I really had to, it came to over my insurance deductible, so I'm letting the dealer do the work. It works out better because they are just replacing everything that got even a scratch.
As of Tuesday, they had all but 2 parts in (forward controls & grips), Once they have everything in hand they will do the work all at once and they estimate it will only take a couple days.

I start PT today, so I'm hoping to be able to ride when she is done in a week or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.