Honda Fury Forums: banner

Helmet Question

10K views 69 replies 34 participants last post by  macxpert 
#1 ·
What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear While On The Fury. The Reason I Asked Is Because Its A Chopper Bike And Not All Helmets Fit The Style Of The Bike. Feel Free To Post Pictures.

#2 ·
i raced flat track when i was in high school,,,, i know how a full face can save your ass and or your face, HJC cl-17 color coordinated of course. lol

#4 ·
This is just my opinion but it's probably smart to ware a dot approved helmet any time you ride whether it's a full, 3/4 or 1/2. I unfortunately don't always do the smart thing, I ware a full helmit when riding on the highway because I like to have a shield to protect me from bugs and wind but when riding on a lot of rural and back roads we have up here in Northern Michigan I enjoy using just a half helmit. I have been known not to wear a helmit at all for those short little rides in the summer. Not a smart idea but feels and looks cool! I could regret it someday

#5 ·
This is the kind i use.. used to ride around with a non-DOT novelty half-helmet then figured i better be safe rather than sorry and got the DOT-approved model:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Daytona-Helmets-D-O-T-Helmet-Motorcycle/dp/B00X65LGMW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1461596749&sr=1-1&keywords=daytona+dot+skull[/ame]

#6 ·
I use my regular German Half Helmet. For some reason I like the "Whole Chopper/Bad Ass Look" when I'm on the Fury. From Nov-March, I was wearing my sportsbike helmet as it was cold and I needed a full face. My wife said I looked like a total ass with it on a chopper. On a side not, I rode this weekend with my Half Helmet and some ear buds and enjoyed the music. I think I will get the Bell Rouge or Bilt Titan to go with the speakers as this will buffer some of the noise.

#8 ·
Currently wearing the carbon fiber bell star helmet (Had an R1 before the Fury), but I've been eyeing the Skully or Rogue helmet as of late.

Reactions: Wescul
#9 ·
+1 on the Bell Rogue, Shark Raw was my second option but didn't like it when I try it.

Bottom line, find your balance between looks and protection, the best helmet is the one you are comfortable with...

#11 · (Edited)
Here's the one I use mostly on the Fury. It's a NEXX from Portugal. Quite comfortable. Always use earplugs to reduce windnoise.
Full face is a Simpson Bandit.

Attachments

#13 ·
I made the transition to half face from full face and I am trying to adapt , I have purchased three pair of googles and air seems to creep into my eyes ,which I find annoying, so I am thinking of going back to full face , and \if I do I will go with the shark raw that helmet is sweet,

#14 ·
90% full face for safety reasons, but if real nice and only travelling local 1/2 helmet >:) how ever on hospital reality tv other night showed a biker who had all his face smashed in, and my first thought was how could he look so bad ? then it showed his bike helmet.
yep it was a 1/2 helmet :3ek:

Reactions: Wescul and BakoFury
#15 ·
I wear a full face OGK Aeroblade II in Australia and a full face HJC CL-15 in the USA.

The helmet laws in Oz do not allow a helmet with only DOT certification to be used, the helmet has to have Australian Standard certification and the helmet laws in the USA (at least the states I have been to) do not allow a helmet with only Australian certification (AS1698) to be used. So I have two helmets. The joke is that both helmets meet both AS1698 and DOT standards but they do not have both approvals displayed. Without that sticker you'll never convince a cop that your helmet really is legal.

#17 ·
LOL A lot of us who don't like to wear helmets will wear those novelty helmets when we travel to other states that have helmet laws. Not as uncomfortable as a real helmet. Nothing on those that says DOT, but the cops just see something on our heads and leave us alone. In fact, there is a tag sewn inside the helmet that says NOT DOT APPROVED. I cut that out of mine just in case. LOL

#16 ·
No one's ever accused me of being the sharpest tack in the box :wink: so quite often I don't wear one, mainly on the back roads etc and so forth.
If I get on the highway, city or new, I'll do it.
Here's a pic. Automotive tire Tire Automotive wheel system Wheel Synthetic rubber

It doesn't "fit" the bike but its comfortable and hi-viz.

#47 · (Edited)
Sorry, I get heated when I think about cell phone use while driving.��

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Don't even get me fucking started......... I'm all for the government staying out of my business and letting me make the choice of seatbelt or helmet, but this cell phone shit pisses me off to no end. I believe all vehicles should be manufactured to either block cell phone signal, or not run if there is an active cell phone in the vehicle. I'm sure either one would be easy enough to do.

When I'm flying down the interstate at 80 MPH or better and I see some fuck nut passing me with his head down while texting......rage ensues and my better judgment leaves me and I really would take pleasure in shooting at the motherfucker with intent to splatter brain matter all over his interior.

#46 ·
Well had a bit of a head-scratcher this week. I dropped my helmet, waist high, and it landed right on the top of it. Can't even see a mark unless you KNOW I dropped it and where to look. But now the inside visor isn't working. I can pull it down by hand, and the lever brings it down about a third. Great. Just bought it not even a month ago.

Called Revzilla, and they asked if it fit alright, I said yes, and they then said I was on my own then. Gave me the number for Scorpion, who was great with me, mailed out a part without even asking what happened (though I'm a little disturbed that they were so quick with wanting to help). Helmet is a T1200.

I'll still shop at Revzilla, but what sayeth the forum?

#49 ·
I couldnt help myself when I got my Fury a few weeks ago. I went out and bought one of the new retro helmets. Kinda a cross between SuperDave Osbourne and Evel Kenevil. Here it is called the Bell Bullitt:

Super safe with ECE and DOT rating on it and very comfortable. Its a preference thing and I wanted a full lid.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.