Honda Fury Forums: banner

Warning!! Beware!!"TAR SNAKES"

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Kbuskill 
#1 ·
Not sure if road repair crews in your state uses tar to repair road cracks but Georgia does" it should be illegal, extremely dangerous to a rider..it's the strips of tar that run from side to side and long ways on the road...like hitting Ice..the warmer it is the slicker it is.
I've bout went down twice already and slid side ways taking off at low speeds while making a turn.. I would hate to be running at speed and hit it in a curve...it wouldn't end well. Just Wanted to make ya'll aware of this"Heads Up" don't want anyone getting hurt!! Beware!!! Tar Snakes!!
Ride Safe!

#2 ·
they do that here in upstate NY. cant name the number of times i have come through a curve and hit them on the other side and the pucker factor that resulted from it.....................i hate them...................t

#3 ·
Both Kansas and Missouri tend to use these techniques in the Kansas City Metro area. It's ideal for areas/climates that get moderate temperature swings to both ends of the spectrum. But ya... definitely slick once the sun starts heating up the pavement and quite a pain to clean off the bike.

#4 ·
Tar snakes, road gators (https://www.google.com/search?q=road+gators&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFnOLjlbrMAhWLHR4KHaAWAaQQ_AUICCgC&biw=1687&bih=946#imgrc=PsnvlJkSGSZQaM%3A)et al...
What I despise is out here, they like to shoot tar down then a fine layer of gravel. That stays put for about a day. Then they'll come back and shoot another tar layer then a thick layer of gravel. Shit sticks everywhere, flinging up off other cars, shits flying at you like you're the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood.

#5 ·
flinging up off other cars, shits flying at you like you're the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood.[/QUOTE]

That's Just funny, made me laugh! Like A drive by Stoning!
And those road gators are bad news too! I worked 17 years at Oliver Rubber company making those deadly things... learnt me not to ride close to tractor trailers, they turn loose with no warning!
met at tractor trailer the other day, rock came out of tire and hit me between the knuckle and first joint in my finger..felt like it broke it. tears in my eyes, least it didn't hit the bike! LOL!
I Hope this thread makes us aware of other hazards other than the obvious like" other drivers.".
Rock On and Ride safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.