2nd - 3rd: 25 mph
3rd - 4th: 35 mph
4th - 5th: 45 mph
Shifting Down:
5th- 4th: 40 mph
4th - 3rd: 30 mph
3rd - 2nd: 20 mph
2nd - 1st: 10 mph

I so get used to the Harley, and I've been following the Harley shifting points on my Fury. I only own my Fury for a week, and I have not seen any engine rev too high or too low.

The obvious differences are up-shifting from 4th to 5th at 31 mph (Fury) vs 45 mph (Harley); and down-shifting from 5th to 4th at 22 mph (Fury) vs 40 mph (Harley).

I plan to keep both rides for several years, and changing between two bikes so often can sometimes be forgotten in shifting at recommended points.

I obviously can't follow the Fury recommended on Harley, because engine will rev too high. I've tried.

I followed Harley recommended on Fury for a week, and it seems okay.

If I keep applying the Harley recommended on Fury, will I kill or worn out my engine / shifter / clutch quicker?

Of course it's best to follow the recommended points for each bike, but I'm sometimes forgotten :grin:

See less See more
#2 ·
There are recommended shift points?? Ha, who knew??
Just go with your gut and hearing. Whatever makes you smile, is the correct shift point.

Reactions: AV8R
#3 ·
If you check out the link in my signature it will give you the stock rev limiter specifications per gear along with a lot of other info. Just to make it easy for you here it is...

1st, 2nd, 3rd.... 5250Rpm rev limit = 40mph, 60mph, 80mph stock respectively
4th................... 5000Rpm rev limit = 100mph max speed stock
5th................... 4800Rpm rev limit = 100mph max speed stock

With the reflash it is much different... Lol

#6 ·
This. My old man taught me just to shift by sound and feel. And still to this day, I've never owned an automatic of any kind.

5 combined knee/leg surgeries at the ripe age of 31 and I won't own one until the damn things fall off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.