Honda Fury Forums: banner

Why are Fury's resale values so low?

12K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  Crsinphx 
#1 ·
I have two Fury's and want to sell one.
The one I'm selling is very nice with some custom work and low miles. I can't hardly give it away.
Advertised on CL for months. Started the ad asking $6000, then changed it to "bring all offers".

No interest at all. Same on my Sabre. Only asking $3700 for that. No calls. Ebay auction only brought $2500 bucks.

I have a friend trying to sell two Fury's. He's having the same problem.

#3 ·
The used market, at least in my area of MD is saturated with used bikes selling for low prices.

Sometimes dealers pricing can really impact used sales, especially if they consistently slash pricing of new models... when I bought my 2014 Fury as a new left over last year I paid just over $7k for it out the door... a friend of mine who owns a Victory dealer had 2 used ones with that much in them.

#4 ·
I think it's easy to figure out... Its not that the resale value on the Fury is low it's everything Non-essential..... Put simply... The economy sucks despite what the government would have you believe with all of their bogus numbers about unemployment being low.... A lot of people are out of work and struggling so that means less money for fun and toys.

#5 ·
Strong economy or not, motorcycles are pretty much like boats and jetskis n shit. They're luxury items and either not everyone can afford one, or like almost all my married friends, their spouse is afraid to let them get one.

Then there's the decades of Harley programming to overcome. I see guys buy cheap foreign bikes all the time, and then a month later of getting harassed by their Harley riding friends, they give in to peer pressure and get a Harley.

When I bought my Fury, I knew that a) it would be something reasonably priced that looked good and I could put money into it making it look like mine. And b) no one else would ever want it. So I knew going into it my bike would be something I'd never sell.

When buying stuff like boats, n bikes, etc, you gotta have the mind set that even when times could hit hard and you might need cash, you can't just quickly sell it off.

#7 ·
I had the same amount of interest last month win I tried to sell my 1300 vstar . We should just trade :)

#10 ·
But it's the best bike you will get for the money spent.

#14 · (Edited)
I'm not bashing the fury , since I love my fury , but in my opinion,here are my top 10 reasons.
1) its been out for 7 years with only color changes .
2) all new the big bikes have 1800 engines.
3)then you have all the plastic parts .
4)choppers aren't the fad right now, baggers are the new chopperistic fad now.
5) its a Honda
6) the dealers are basically giving them away,so you cant sell your fury for 8.000 when the dealers are asking the same for a new one .
7) not everyone is into choppers.
8) For the price of a new fury , you can get a really nice used Harley deuce ,softail, low rider (I'm not saying that the HD is better ,but its the HD stigma .
9) its a bar hopper, very uncomphy on long rides , forget two up .
10) its not a harely

notice how I there are three baggers , and I am the only chopper/crusier . its the new fad

#15 ·
I'm not bashing the fury , since I love my fury , but in my opinion,here are my top 10 reasons.
1) its been out for 7 years with only color changes .
2) all new the big bikes have 1800 engines.
3)then you have all the plastic parts .
5) its a Honda
6) the dealers are basically giving them away,so you cant sell your fury for 8.000 when the dealers are asking the same for a new one .
7) not everyone is into choppers.
8) For the price of a new fury , you can get a really nice used Harley deuce ,softail, low rider (I'm not saying that the HD is better ,but its the HD stigma .
9) its a bar hopper, very uncomphy on long rides , forget two up .
10) its not a harely

notice how I there are three baggers , and I am the only chopper/crusier . its the new fad

I can agree with almost everything except #9. I highly disagree with the term "bar hopper" being applied to the Fury. There have been quite a few guys who slapped on some saddle bags and rode their Furys all over the country. I myself went on a thousand mile round trip with no problems. Just strapped on a duffle bag to the back. By the time I needed to refuel, all the guys on baggers were ready for a rest stop as well. I found it to be plenty comfy as long as you have a good seat on it. I was a little nervous going long distances with such a small tank. If it held a gallon more I'd feel better, but it wasn't a problem.

#18 ·
This here is the #1 reason Fury's have low resale value.

You are correct, the bagger is a fad. And the it is not difficult to make the Fury a bagger (a very nice looking bagger).

#27 ·
Jeez I hope that number got doubled at LEAST....

#24 ·
I must admit, mine is used basically as a barhopper. Can't take it to the grocery store! But at the bar or an event, it's a conversation piece, and the women seem to love it! Longest single one way drive on mine was 300 miles. I don't think I could have gotten a good used nd for what I paid for mine. Even if I did, who would notice? It would look like everyone elses!

Reactions: Kbuskill
#26 ·
Besides the price being low to start driving resale down, you also have to realize that the Fury has a limited audience. Yes many people will check them out and admire them but not many actually want to own one. Most people would rather have a more cruiser style of ride. Just mu opinion though.

#29 ·
Only special people ride the Fury.
And just like Tiffany glass, eventually the Fury will be sought after for what it is.

Reactions: MACCTM
#31 ·
Now I'm wondering if it's truly worth keeping my Collison Insurance on mine. Runs about $300 A year. Do insurance companies consider miss when they pay a claim?

#36 ·
Ok, I am still not sure exactly what you are asking. All I can say is full coverage on a motorcycle is dirt cheap compared to a car or truck. I will always carry full coverage.

#34 ·
if its your fault or you fall yes they consider it , they will not pay for you bike only medical bills ,but if you get hit then the person who hits you has to apy for your bike ,I have full coverage on mine , you never know if your gonna need it , dirt on the road you don't see a hole an idiot who knocks down your bike and leaves .I can go on , I live in nyc it like riding through the badlands .potholes, oil stains on the road fom old cars idiots, who don't know how to park ,angry drivers who are in a rush .how do I enjoy my bike(you ask) I leave the city , I rarely ride during the week, and rarely ride locally .

#39 ·
The real reason why is that people take 3k for them instead holding out for what they are worth after all the mods..

However when I bought mine ajust a few months ago I did steal it from the dealer but kbb on it was 8k I got for far less....

Just mho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.