Honda Fury Forums: banner

Sabre Tank on my Fury now with snakeskin cover

10K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  460brevill 
#1 ·
Reported on this in another thread, though it might be of interest...
Bought a used Sabre gas tank in poor condition, had it covered with a faux snakeskin, and installed it on my Fury.
Looks great, and now I have considerably more gas capacity.

Attachments

See less See more
#22 ·
love the snake skin loo,but not to crazy about the color . do they make it in red I wouldn't mind doing mine in red

#27 · (Edited)
I'm flattered. Copy all you want. The snakeskin tank is even cooler in person. Turned out great and not that difficult to do. You can buy a variety of snakeskin vinyl on Ebay. And any upholstery shop should be able to put it on the tank for you. My guy charged me $120 bucks. The buckle is attached with 3M two way tape. The really strong stuff, available at any automotive store

#31 · (Edited)
This is next on my list of things to do..
Have an Interstate tank and need to install on bike to check on actual adjustments needed to rubber mounts.
Then, trim external seam and weld flush, remove bracket and weld plate into speedo mount area, bump out dent, prep, prime and paint.
I have someone to remove the seam and weld flush.
In the midst of a renovation and vacation in august so, unable to suggest completion time.

#33 ·
There's another great idea! Thanx Kbuskill!

Reactions: Kbuskill
#36 ·
That's another persons project. They got busy in their business and put it on the back burner.

Reactions: Kbuskill
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.