Honda Fury Forums: banner

Seat Lock

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  huskamute1 
#1 ·
After searching this forum and the web I've been unable to locate any product that would enable a rider to lock his seat to the bike. I'm surprised that there isn't a product out there that would somehow replace the button bolt that holds down, for example, a C&C Fastback to the rear fender. Since nothing is fullproof, all I'm looking for is something to make it more difficult than just removing that one bolt and being able to remove the seat. One suggestion I saw on a Harley forum was to replace the current fender bolt with a metric equivalent Torx head bolt, only because it requires a tool that most thieves might not have readily at hand. Any other suggestions?

#6 ·
These are readily available here in Japan. A bunch of variations from 5 point to 8 point with and without the center, along with the required bit or l wrench to work it.

>:)

Tigger

Reactions: macxpert
#5 ·
I am with donzi and goat on this one, when I read it earlier I thought who da fook would nick a seat :confuzed: the bike yes but not the seat !!!

Reactions: Wigoh
#9 ·
Thanks to all that have responded to my OP. In response to a few I would just say this - no, I'm not aware that it's a big problem. The Corbin on my 2004 Softail, just as my Fury's C&C Fastback, could be removed with just a single bolt. The only time I worried about it was when I was traveling, leaving my motorcycle in unfamiliar parking lots overnight because I had no other choice. Who's going to potentially steal my C&C seat? Who knows, but I'm more concerned with the drunks driving around deciding it would be "fun" to mess with the bike by taking off one bolt, which on my Harley was nothing more than a knurled knob, and chucking it into the bushes. Call me paranoid if you want to, but I'll sleep better at night when traveling out of town, which I plan on doing with my Fury, if the single 5mm allen bolt currently securing my rather expensive C&C seat is replaced with something a little more difficult to remove. Having said that, I have a good insurance policy if needed.

#11 ·
armyguy it is like all mods, some people like them some people don't, I have never heard of a seat getting nicked BUT that does not mean it cant happen, if it gives you peace of mind go for it m8 :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.