Honda Fury Forums: banner

sidewall pics of 240/40/18 on stock rim?

14K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  matt summers 42 
#1 ·
i'm needing a new rear tire & i don't know if i'm going to go to a 240/40/18 or just get another 200? the reason i ask for pics is to see how bad (if at all) the sidewall of a 240/40/18 looks on stock rim?

#3 ·
And for comparison, this the same size tyre on a 7.75" wheel.

Attachments

Reactions: AoV
#17 ·
not too bad damage i hope !!

i got rearended thursday night think all they did was damage the mount bars for the rear light assembly but the insurance company insist on having it all checked over , it'll cost the other peoples future insurance premiums ,hopefuly they'll be more careful in future !!

#26 ·
man 460 Im glad your ok. Sorry to hear it.

Here is a better picture of the cobra 240

#31 ·
I I just like the look. I rode for awhile with it and it did just fine

#33 ·
That is correct, Sir. On one condition, you keep the rear rim stock or not wider than 7" (where the tyre sits, not the outside of the rim)
When you go wider you need to install the wheel together with the gear drive. Above 7,5" rimwidth you need to widen the fender frame ,trim the rubber cover over the driveshaft and notch the torque bar too. Cover and torquebar shown in the pic VVV

At 7,75"clearance in the swingarm is just 3/32 each side of the tyre.

Over 7,75" you need to make some clearance by cutting the swingarm, both sides.

Attachments

Reactions: AoV
#34 ·
ok, it's been a while. i haven't been doing much with the bike because i'm trying to get a 383 sbc built for a ss monte carlo that i bought. to many damned expensive hobbies.

it seems like the 240 tire is only about a quarter inch wider, but it looks a lot flatter. does this help keep the pipes from scraping the ground as much? i love my cobra sweeps, but i took them off because they like to drag the pavement & with the bike lowered it's even worse, so i put my stockers back on & a set of cobra mufflers. if this will help, i'm sold.

#35 ·
I would be really interested to find the answer to that question too!, im getting a 240 fitted this afternoon, however, as winter is about to land over here im not going to get a lot of riding done to be able to find that answer out this year for myself so it would be good to know from the other members ;-)

#40 ·
well got my 240 fitted , eventually , had to remove to front right hand side foot peg and my cobra pipes to get at the allen head bolt on the right hand side of te swing arm, but its all done , looks much better, not sure how the handling differs yet as only a very short ride home, looks wider n meaner, also really seems to highlight the distance between tyre and rear fender. need the t mod even more now !

pics tomorrow as its now dark lol

#42 ·
the bike sat so low on the ramp that it took two of us to "lift" the rear end of the bike to be able to slide the jack under the frame of the bike to ebnable us to then get the wheel out so that wasn't an option, on the bright side got to some hard to reach places and copper slipped every bolt also found my rear brake reservoir in the process hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.