Honda Fury Forums: banner

my mother in law is in bad shape.

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  KenD 
#1 ·
my mother in law had started hurting in her back a few days ago & we finally talked her into going to the E.R.. they found her blood pressure was 240 over 116. they found an aneurysm 6 centimeters long on her aorta & she had a bunch of clots going up her neck, down her arm & in her stomach. i aggravate & give her hell every time i see her, but all in all, she is a pretty good old gal. she is 72 years old & has been raising my step daughters 9 year old son since he was only about 1 year old (because my step daughter was on drugs, now she is clean but is just about doing her own thing, useless). she broke down today begging them not to let her die. what do you say to comfort someone?

if any of you believe in prayer, it would be appreciated very much.

#2 ·
Being a nurse, I always do my best to tell the patient the truth. That's all I can tell you there.
As for prayer, yep, you got mine.

#6 ·
thanks everyone.

she had surgery yesterday on the aneurysm & open heart surgery (bypass) at the same time. where the aneurysm was at, they had to take out her intestines & some other parts & lay it on a table beside here so they could get to the aneurysm. it isn't looking good, now she is having kidney failure. i told my wife to hope for the best, but expect the worst. there is no comfort in that to my wife, but what can i say. it doesn't look good.

#7 ·
Thankyou for the update. A good Dr and RN team can get most kidneys working again. Keep up the prayers, and be with her as much as possible.

Reactions: the nitro man
#11 ·
Letting you know I've been praying for her and you and your family. I pray also you and your family get closer in your relationship with God our Father, may His peace comfort ya'll in this and in all things. God controls Life and Death..and if you live you must go through death of the body one day...we all only have one heart beat at a time. We can count on God to keep His Promise to forgive our sin because His Son Jesus shed His blood on the cross and died to pay our sin debt(the wages of sin is death). I know most have heard this with their ears..but Jesus said if you will Believe and Confess your sins( that your a sinner in need of a savior) with your mouth. That He is just to forgive your sin...once and for all. Then you will be in God's Family, with Him in His Kingdom for eternity. Saved from the final judgement of sin and cast into the lake of fire.
It's not easy losing someone, it hurts. God understands. But it makes all the difference knowing the person you loved is safe with God and you shall be with them forever in God's Kingdom when your time here is over. Life is short...it's God's will that all be forgiven and saved from their sins...He paid the price...He gives us the choice...He encourages us to choose Life... the choice is ours...
Yes I believe in God, who does miracles. All things are possible with God.
I will continue to pray for ya'll,God's Will be done. Love ya Brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.