Fender Relocation Brackets Available - Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Fender Relocation Brackets Available

Alright Guys and Gals,

If you've hopped over on the other thread you'll know that I cut out some relocation brackets and I posted a couple images of them on my bike (I'm going to get one that's not blurry, I promise)

That being said I just cut out some more today. Hammy was kind enough to post the dimensions. I CAD'd them up and laser cut them.
.100 Thick, 316 SS.

There have been a few inquiries about these, and the cost.

I personally am not trying to make any profit off of them as it wasn't my design. Really just re-coup shipping and material costs. Took me 5 minute to model so I'm not worried

I'm shipping one set to Azbadboy as he PM'd me last night about a set.

I believe Hammy and 835 have requested a set too.

That leaves me with 8 sets.

I'm thinking $10 to me should cover shipping/material, but I'll know a bit better today.

Here's the thing, I know $10 wouldn't completely cover material, laser cut time, etc, so I ask this.

If you are interested in a set, I'd take $10 gifted to me over paypal (unless shipping to your area is more, then we can work something out), but I'd request that you donate to our Tigger brother in Japan's fund also. I've personally never met him, yet I've followed his thread on this forum, and donated myself. I figured out of all of this we all could have some cool parts to make our bikes look sleek, but most of all help out a brother that is very humble and keeping such a positive attitude through all of this.

He doesn't know me, or that I'm doing this. Maybe he'll stumble upon this thread, maybe not. Doesn't matter either way.

Here's the thread, J's first post has his PayPal addy: The Best for our Japan Nation Brother Tigger :D

I'll get another photo of the bike shortly.

Cheer's guys!!
mbaskett, Invicta, bigduke and 4 others like this.

Last edited by krashDH; 04-28-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 01:58 PM

Garage
^^^OUTSTANDING^^^

Adios amigos, weather is here, wish you were beautiful!!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

835 and Azbadboy, your brackets will be shipped out today
Azbadboyriding likes this.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:31 PM

I want a set..
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

There were some requests about hardware size, so here it is from my post in the other thread:

Just a heads up, you will need new mounting bolts.

They are M6x1.0

The fork tube mount bolts you'll want 20mm length, the fender to bracket you'll want 25 mm length. I put washers under the heads of everything. For the fender mount, I used just a nut on the backside (no washer), and used loc-tite everywhere. should work great I think Youll end up flexing the brackets a bit to squeeze the fender in there. The other thing you can do is remove that internal fender bracket and squeeze it a bit with a vise. I had to remove it anyway as it looked like the PO had twisted that internal brace a bit, so i got it straight again. But if you don't want to do that, the brackets will flex enough.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Alright here's a couple of non-potato photos of the new fender location:
Oh and I finally got a chance to paint the chrome side covers

Last edited by krashDH; 05-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 11:08 AM

Not nit picking but your fender sits a lot higher above your tire than mine which is fine but I prefer it to hug the tire more closely. Have you thought about flipping the brackets over???

(Grandmaster of the Re-Flash Posse)
High Performance ECU Reflash Thread
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbuskill View Post
Not nit picking but your fender sits a lot higher above your tire than mine which is fine but I prefer it to hug the tire more closely. Have you thought about flipping the brackets over???
Tried that (accidentally) when I was mounting it the first time. The problem with that is it sits close enough that the fender will hit the heads of the mounting bolts on the fork that attach the bracket there
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krashDH View Post
Tried that (accidentally) when I was mounting it the first time. The problem with that is it sits close enough that the fender will hit the heads of the mounting bolts on the fork that attach the bracket there
I might try counter sinking the mounting bolts and use black acorn nuts on the outside.

Planning on powder coating the mounts black too.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 835 View Post
I might try counter sinking the mounting bolts and use black acorn nuts on the outside.

Planning on powder coating the mounts black too.
If you countersink the bracket and use a flush head allen head screw that may work. Well, it would work, then you could flip the bracket.
Of the photo's I found of this bracket, they were all mounted the way I have it, but I'm sure Hammy could confirm. It's not make or break for me though not having it close.

Here's an image of another bike with them...fender sits about like mine does, same orientation:

Last edited by krashDH; 05-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Fury Forums: Honda Chopper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode